*** Rogue One: A Star Wars Story *** (NOW WITH SPOILERS)

Soldato
When they are all heading to the drop ship to go get the plans you can hear the tannoy call out 'General Syndulla to the control room' or something like that. You can also see the Ghost in the background in a couple of shots, and at the big battle at the end. That's your Rebels tie-in ;)

But which General Syndulla? Hera or Cham?

There is also a brief glimpse of Chopper.

Caporegime
Just got back from seeing this and holy **** it's so damn good. Even got a bit emotional! I cringed when I discovered Disney first bought the franchise, but I honestly can't fault them at all. They've done it proper.

And omg Felicity... She is perfect.

Soldato
Finally got to watch this today and I thought it was awesome, very different but at the same time very familiar.

Negatives (but minor)
Forest Whitaker's character - Wish they could have squeezed in a bit more of his back story as he looked like a interesting character. (How does he fight, what happened to his legs...etc etc)
Moff Tarkin - Yes you could tell it was CGI in most scenes (however see below...).

Positives
Death Star weakness - Love how they have made a story to explain this stupid flaw
Moff Tarkin - Whilst it was clearly CGI bloody hell I thought it was great, to be able to include a character whose actor died 20+ years ago is amazing
They all died - Like the fact that they didn't make an excuse to save any of rogue characters

Really really enjoyed it and looking forward to watching it again and future spin-off movies.

Man of Honour
now taht is how you make a %%%%%% star wars film, that was epic.

hope ( ;) ) in stars wars restored, now if they can make films like that, then churn them out.

yep them all dieing was absolutely needed, a brave director who does it, and more films should follow when its so obviously a one sided fight.

Soldato
Finally saw it yesterday so I'm allowed in this thread. Thoroughly enjoyable, couldn't ask for more. I was a bit underwhelmed with Vader's first appearance but then he totally made up for it :D omg :D

For those wondering about the kiddies.. A family sat near me with two 5-6yr olds. I thought "well what I've heard is that this is a strong 12A, but whatever". One child was absolutely terrified of the Mummy trailer beforehand, lol. Practically jumped into his mum's arms. So much so that the mum suggested they leave.. They lasted about two thirds through the film...

Last edited:
Soldato
It's decent, and better than FA... but the best Star Wars? I can't help but think people are getting a bit carried away.

The opposing view is that those who think it's not are merely viewing the originals through rose-tinted glasses and also getting 'carried away'. The originals may have a special place in peoples' hearts but they're far from the masterpieces many would have us believe.

Soldato
Finally saw it yesterday so I'm allowed in this thread. Thoroughly enjoyable, couldn't ask for more. I was a bit underwhelmed with Vader's first appearance but then he totally made up for it :D omg :D

For those wondering about the kiddies.. A family sat near me with two 5-6yr olds. I thought "well what I've heard is that this is a strong 12A, but whatever". One child was absolutely terrified of the Mummy trailer beforehand, lol. Practically jumped into his mum's arms. So much so that the mum suggested they leave.. They lasted about two thirds through the film...

I think the intention of 12A is that kids a few years under that age may go with a parent, not it's in any way suitable for kids half that age.

Did they leave because they were scared or just bored? Frankly I suspect the latter as I wouldn't expect a 5-6 year old to have the faintest idea what's going on and likely to get bored to the point of fidgeting and making noise, at which point I'd be telling the parent to take them and **** off.

Soldato
The opposing view is that those who think it's not are merely viewing the originals through rose-tinted glasses and also getting 'carried away'. The originals may have a special place in peoples' hearts but they're far from the masterpieces many would have us believe.

Bless you and thanks for your insight ;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Same, and with Leia too. It just looked weird. I'd have preferred a different actor entirely as he would have at least looked human. It could have easily been avoided too. Either way, not a major gripe, but both of those scenes were marred by the poor cgi and took me right out the movie.

I don't think the leia reveal at the end was necessary...The back of her hooded head was enough...

As for Cushing...I quite liked the arrogance of it.

Back
Top Bottom