• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire GTO² available exclusively from OcUK and Modding instrutions inside.....

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Arriving early next week we have the:-
Sapphire ATI Radeon X800 GTO² 256MB GDDR3 TV-Out/DVI (PCI-Express) - OEM (GX-100-SP)
Sapphire_X800GTO2boxcard.jpg

Merging the blistering frame-rates of the enthusiast realm with the frugality of the mainstream is where the perfect blend of Hybrid lies, the next generation Sapphire RADEON X800 GTO²! Built upon industry acclaimed tech and tweaked to perfection is the moniker of any Sapphire product and the X800 GTO² does not disappoint with it is 12 Pixel Pipelines (moddable to 16) and 256MB of onboard GDDR3 memory while utilizing a 256-bit memory interface. The only limit to the power you wield is your imagination and the hardware in your PC! Push your PC’s performance threshold and realize the true potential of PCI-Express and the Sapphire RADEON X800 GTO²! These cards are all capable of unlocking to 16 pipelines and have good overclocking potential. Overclockers UK does not guarantee unlocking of cards or overclocking mileage and it is a proceed at your own risk modification.

- 400MHz GPU Clock Speed (Highly overclockable)
- 256MB 980MHz GDDR3 memory accelerates the latest cutting edge 3D applications (Highly overclockable)
- 256-bit quad-channel GDDR3 memory interface
- Twelve pixel pipelines (Moddable to sixteen pipelines, see modding guide below)
- Six programmable vertex shader pipelines
- Early reports indicate that with the modded bios these cards have been overclocked upto X850 XT PE clock speeds which gives a 35% performance boost. (Modding of card and bios does invalidate warranty)

Price: £134.95 (£158.57 Including VAT at 17.5%)

BUY NOW!!!!!

How to flash the bios to 16 pipelines

Link to Techpowerup Guide Here

Performance Gains
GTO_performance.jpg

By enabling the 4 more pipelines we can get a 10% performance increase.

By additional overclocking to X850XT PE clock speeds we can get an additional 20% increase.

By enabling the pipelines and overclocking the card altogether a 35% performance increase is expected.

Note: Overclockers UK does not guarantee modability or overclocking on these cards and flashing of the bios does invalidate your warranty with Overclockers UK. Though those in the know realise that these cards all do modify to 16 pipelines and overclock very well.

Soldato
god damn thats impressive if i had PCI-E would be more than tempted! , quite pleased i have got my 6800LE to run near enough on par with the 16 pipeline non PT biosed version.......pure fluke mind you lolol :p

this is of course until you overclock that badboy

Mul

Mul

Associate
Makes me want to sell my X800 Bravo and grab one of these. :p

Good work getting these in Gibbo

Mul

Associate
True, guess I got my hopes up it would be closer to the US prices and sub-£150 when Gibbo said "Pricing yet to be confirmed but I suspect much cheapness".

OcUK Staff
OP
St0rmer66 said:
Welcome to the UK, we always get shafted :( . Some things can be nearly 1:1 for $:£ :o .

US pricing is $210 as already mentioned. The dollar rate is falling so at the moment that translates to £120 +Shipping and +taxes and if anything goes wrong then your in big trouble.

So when you add all those cost in the UK is just as cheap on this product as the US if your a UK customer considering buying from the US....

Soldato
Gibbo said:
US pricing is $210 as already mentioned. The dollar rate is falling so at the moment that translates to £120 +Shipping and +taxes and if anything goes wrong then your in big trouble.

So when you add all those cost in the UK is just as cheap on this product as the US if your a UK customer considering buying from the US....

Yes, I wasn't saying that ordering from the US is a good idea. I would never risk ordering something abroad as it usually ends up with void warranties and such. Also if it was DOA you'd have to send it all the way back to wherever it came from (which wouldn't be cheap I bet!).

As I said, good deal from OcUK :) .

Associate
Ahwell I was really hoping for the card to come in at around the £130-140 mark.
I'm so tempted to buy a 7800GTX atm even though the next gen ATI cards are a week away.
However I just can't see them competing on the price/performance ratio like the 7800GTX can as its been out longer.

Back
Top Bottom