The All New Desktop Thread, Images No Larger Than 800x600

Dru

Dru

Associate
Someones actually working on a shell32.dll replacement with all of the minium icons in. Means you only need replace one file and then you'll have all of the icons applied. I don't know when he'll finish it though.

Soldato
Get all the icons you want, and set them to what you want. Then just file and save as, or zip package.

The latter is the best method, as it will have all the icons and theme togther. Just an iptheme doesn't contain any icons.

Associate
Discotheque said:
Get all the icons you want, and set them to what you want. Then just file and save as, or zip package.

The latter is the best method, as it will have all the icons and theme togther. Just an iptheme doesn't contain any icons.
Ah kk, cool, thx :D

Soldato
Dru,

Nice again :)

Couple of Questions:

What Firefox theme is that?
How Do you get the folders on your desktop so big?
How do you get the text next to the folders on the desktop to show like that?

Dru

Dru

Associate
Okay here we go!!

The firefox theme is actually for the bee3 theme but it works well with this. You can grab that HERE

The folders on my desktop are done with avedesk and so is the text next to them. I can post the exact settings if needed :)

Associate
right ive just got avedesk, but how do i make a shortcut to a folder or drive? in the instructions it says use the folder or dirve desklets, but i dont have any?

nick

Dru

Dru

Associate
You open up the desklet control panel and then click on pidlshortcut and then click add to get the number of shortcuts you need. Then just right click each of them and customize them to taste :)

Soldato
kicks66 said:
right ive just got avedesk, but how do i make a shortcut to a folder or drive? in the instructions it says use the folder or dirve desklets, but i dont have any?

nick
Go to the desklets control panel via the taskbar icon.

Go to Desklets ---> Add ---> PidlShortcut ---> Add Item

You will see the icon come up on the desktop. just right click it and have a play around. To change the shortcut location, go to 'Shortcut' and type in the new location :)

Avedesk accepts PNG and ICO filetypes as icons. Look around on deviantart and other customizing sites and you will find many icon packs :)

EDIT: I knew Dru would beat me to it, had a phone call you see :D

Permabanned
Does anyone know if there is a wallpaper changer for Windows that is as slick as what is on Mac OSX? On OSX you can select a folder of pictures and it will use them as your wallpaper and change it every x amount of seconds but using a fading effect.

Dru

Dru

Associate
I've heard of one or two programs that can do something like that although I don't know the names offhand. Not sure if they offer a fade effect though.

Permabanned
Dru

Have you ever considered writing some kind of guides to gettin results that you get from modding your desktop? Like how to mod shell icons such as folders and such?

Back
Top Bottom