• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*Official OMG I got my 460 thread*

Well here it is, might as well have an official thread for new owners of these beauty's.

So who's ordered what?

I've went for the Palit Sonic Platinum, first time I've purchased a brand new GPU since the 8800gtx.

I currently own an old school GTX260 192sp so hoping for a pretty big performance boost, can't wait to try out Dirt 2 in DX11, I may do some basic benches if I get time.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cool, the basic Palit model doesn't seem too expensive, do we have any benchmarks yet, I haven't been following this model?

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Ordered a Palit Sonic Platinum myself, sake of a tenner thought I'd get the pre-oc'd top end version. :D

Goods Shipped:
£170.20 x 1 - Palit GeForce GTX 460 Sonic Platinum 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

----------------------------------------------------------
Goods Shipped By: FREE SHIPPING (DPD Next Day).

8)

Soldato
Cool, the basic Palit model doesn't seem too expensive, do we have any benchmarks yet, I haven't been following this model?

Check these out.

787e.jpg

986j.jpg

7878b.jpg

454s.jpg

http://www.techspot.com/review/299-palit-inno3d-geforce-gtx-460/

Soldato
The Sonic Platinum is showing pre-order only now, I hope I managed to snag one as it said in-stock when I ordered but I haven't received a 'Goods Shipped' email yet.

Is there still a purchasing manager on here that can check peoples orders?

Call OCUK directly - it's the fastest way of finding out...

Soldato
Check these out.

OK, now I'm confused. What's with the results jumping about everywhere, are these PhysX games or something similar? I don't get how it's faster than the HD5870 but also slower than the 5850 depening on test. If those results are accurate, it seems very good value for money. nVidia, value for money? What is this?

Soldato
They use fraps to record the the performance, usually playing a section of a game rather than using a set benchmark, this way we get real world performance figures but it can be inaccurate as you're not guaranteed to create the same scenario for each card tested.

Associate
hmmm, how does a 768mb fare against a 5830 1gb, if they are the same price wouldn't a 5830 be a better purchase or would cooling and overclocking come into this? in which a 768mb gtx 460 would be the better option?

Soldato
They use fraps to record the the performance, usually playing a section of a game rather than using a set benchmark, this way we get real world performance figures but it can be inaccurate as you're not guaranteed to create the same scenario for each card tested.

It looks inaccurate. We'll have to wait for some more reliable benchmarks, as the worst results there are poor for the money (i.e. the 5770 almost keeps up), and the best (faster than 5870 and 5770CF) are really impressive. However, I'm aware there's a difference of almost £50 between the high and low end models, I'm still taking that into account.

Back
Top Bottom