• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD To Launch RV770 On June 18th

Caporegime
AMD has just confirmed the marketing name for RV770 yesterday which is no surprise to anyone, the Radeon HD 4800 series. RV770PRO is Radeon HD 4850, RV770XT is Radeon HD 4870 and R700 is Radeon HD 4870 X2. AMD will be shipping RV770 GPUs to AIB by end of this month and you can expect different card designs from the manufacturers at launch. AMD is set to launch the Radeon HD 4850 on June 18th and it is definitely a hard one with retail availability on the same day. Radeon HD 4870, however, will be launched a week later on June 25th with retail availability in July due to GDDR5 availability. Radeon HD 4870 X2 will come later in Q3. As for the clocks, we won't be revealing them yet but the RV770XT core clock is not going anywhere above 800MHz.

source

Man of Honour
GT200 is due before?

Didn't know that, thought it was July time

Excellent, finally can upgrade something in my system lol, my 8800GTX has been in there far too long :p. Can't wait for the benchmarks to see which one to choose from

Associate
Will be nice to see some real bench marks guess after they ship to the manufacturers a few will slip out for testing.As said lets hope both NV and ATI dont push them back more.4850 first also is a nice marketing tool how many will rush to buy new tech just to upgrade to the 4870 or crossfire it with a x2 or the 4870.

Associate
Well i think i'll wait till they do come out to see price's and benchmarks
was considering upgrading to an ATi 3870 x2 as it seems to be the best performer between it and the 9800 GX2

Soldato
RV770XT core clock is not going anywhere above 800MHz

I find that a bit hard to believe considering the 3870xt's are stock 775Mhz, I would have thought there would been a bit more of a clock bump.

Last edited:
Soldato
Given its a revamped core, with apparent aa improvements and serious shader etc boosts, perhaps they consider the current clock speeds enough, and are reserving higher clock speeds for later cards ie XTX etc, will have to wait and see if numbers/figures translate to performance though :)

Associate
I find that a bit hard to believe considering the 3870xt's are stock 775Mhz, I would have thought there would been a bit more of a clock bump.

Well, i think ATI have gone down Nvidias route and have different clocks for shaders and cores. So i think 800mhz core won't be that bad actually.

Back
Top Bottom