Lotus/Renault

Soldato
Do we know if Palmer and Maldenado will be driving for Renault in 2016.
Do we know if there will be 1 or 2 Renault engines. One from Renault and a modified one for Red Bull, modified by Ilmor.
Andi.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Do we know if Palmer and Maldenado will be driving for Renault in 2016.

I think that they've been confirmed. Well, as much as anything is confirmed in F1.

Do we know if there will be 1 or 2 Renault engines. One from Renault and a modified one for Red Bull, modified by Ilmor.
Andi.

No. Renault are entering into a technical partnership with Ilmor, so the only difference between the engine in the back of the Toleman-Benetton-Renault-LOLtus-Genii-Renault and the Red Bull will be that the one in the back of the Red Bull is branded by TAG Heuer.

Caporegime
Toleman-Benetton-Renault-LOLtus-Genii-Renault

Snappy name :)

Do we know if they are planning on renaming the team Renault yet? It would be a bit of a shock for them to actually name the team after the company who owns it for once! They haven't done that for what, 6 years? :p

Caporegime
There are cut-offs. Manor Marussia were to late in the day to change, as were BMW Sauber when they ran Ferrari engines after BMW bailed out. I imagine its too late for them to change from Lotus now, but it will be interesting to see what they do for 2017 onwards, considering they ran as Renault for a number of years with zero ownership by Renault, and then Lotus for a few years with zero funding from Lotus...

JRS

JRS

Soldato
They really ought to just call it Team Enstone. Or perhaps Team We Ordered An Emotionally Compromised Driver To Crash Because We're ****s. Either way, something that has nothing to do with the ownership of the team because clearly that has every chance of changing yet again somewhere down the line.

Caporegime
Read there is late payment from pdvsa (oil heading towards 20usd per barrel may have something to do with it) and thus his future is in doubt
Add now that Renault might be involved in the emissions scandal

Maybe they'll regret buying lotus and put minimum finance behind it?

Associate
Read there is late payment from pdvsa (oil heading towards 20usd per barrel may have something to do with it) and thus his future is in doubt
Add now that Renault might be involved in the emissions scandal

Maybe they'll regret buying lotus and put minimum finance behind it?

I'm sure I read somewhere that they didn't really want Crashtor and that K Mag is in the frame for his seat if they can get rid of Maldonardo - can't help but feel it'd be a real improvement for the team if they get Magnussen in instead

Caporegime
If they wanted him out they would have dropped him the first moment the payment was late. They seem to be trying to work it out at the moment.

They might not want Loldonado, but they certainly want his 35 million quid...

Associate
If they wanted him out they would have dropped him the first moment the payment was late. They seem to be trying to work it out at the moment.

They might not want Loldonado, but they certainly want his 35 million quid...

This is very true, in a way I hope they give K Mag a drive but imagine the cash makes a difference - especially if they want to try and catch up with the front of the pack

Associate
With no updates on this what do people think is the likely outcome? With Venezuela on the brink of bankruptcy (not helped by falling oil prices) I imagine it would be irresponsible to spend £35m on sponsoring a driver in f1.

Back
Top Bottom