Sleep problem

Soldato
Whenever I put my laptop to sleep it seems to shut down instead, whether I do it by closing the lid, the start menu or the fn-sleep way. I've checked all the power settings, the bios and even reinstalled Windows 10 but it keep happening. It was working fine earlier today. It's a Asus G551JW.

Did this happen to you at all Moogleys?

Thanks.

This is what I have sent ASUS, it's as much information as I could think to have included.

Hello,

My laptop shuts down when I try to put it into sleep mode. This can be when I press the power button, press FN + F1, close the lid or choose sleep in the power options. It wakes up as if it's in sleep mode (pressing any key turns it on) but it goes to the post screen and nothing is still open when I log in.

I have tried every setting in the power options and the bios with no success. I have also tried reinstalling Windows on both the HDD and the SSD, running on the battery and the mains as well as removing each stick of RAM one by one.

It has been working fine up until today. It got fairly hot directly over the exhaust vent but stayed relatively cool everywhere else so I can't see it being a heat issue either causing damage.

Please can you help as this is a major inconvenience not being able to put the laptop to sleep for quicker use or keeping files and programs open without having to keep the screen open.

Kind regards,

Jordan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom