Medical cancelled

Soldato
Hey chaps nothing to major i don't think but just wanted some input :)

I am due ( according to the mangement team i am working beneath, ) to be taken off the agency where i work and taken on as a perm. As of now i have done my appraisal and interviews. Today i was due to have a medical at 1pm, I finished at 12 as per my usual Friday finish and walked to the occupational health center 45 mins away.

When i arrived i was seated for about 10 minutes and a woman told me she had contacted the company i work for and they had cancelled my appointment and had emailed me regarding this ( surprise surprise they haven't ). The company closes on Fridays at 1pm so when i went to contact the office to see why it had been cancelled and i had not been informed of this as i had gone out of my way ( naturally as i would very much like to be taken on as a perm ) to attend this appointment they had made.

Now im starting to think that they have possibly cancelled it as they have deemed my potential for being a perm employee negatively and have decided not to take me off. Or could it be something else potentially? I have had 2 medicals ( lung tests mainly ) in the last 15 weeks they are supposed t be done once every 8 weeks and a woman comes to work to do these on site.

Just worried im not getting a spot and also slightly ranting about the extra 1 hour walking in this weather i got courtesy of them not bothering to tell me they had cancelled.

Associate
The left arm rarely knows what the right arm is doing in companies. There are loads of reasons why this could have happened, but you will naturally only assume the worse.
Best thing you can do is enjoy your weekend and find out Monday what's going on.

(Easier said than done though I appreciate!).

Soldato
OP
The left arm rarely knows what the right arm is doing in companies. There are loads of reasons why this could have happened, but you will naturally only assume the worse.
Best thing you can do is enjoy your weekend and find out Monday what's going on.

(Easier said than done though I appreciate!).

Absolutely ive just stuck my head into a game to pass the time... Gta of all games probably not the best idea burning people alive just in case it gives me an idea for Monday haha

Soldato
OP
Well that escalated quickly. 18 people let go today, luckily im not one of them. They have told me my job is secure however they have had to postpone my contract as they don't want to appear to be laying off and hiring at the same time.

Soldato
OP
So your job was secure for 4 days, sorry mate!

Yeah to promise me a contract as well the manager and a few of them seemed genuinely upset that it had happens the other manager was in tears. I do feel it was out of their control good thing about being on agency is that i still get my holiday wages for next week and have an interview on Monday for another job so fingers crossed. Absolutely heartbroken though some really nice people working there who i became very good friends with.

Associate
That's really, really unfortunate. Sounds like there could be bigger issues at that company that your managers weren't aware of.

Good luck with the interview on Monday!

Back
Top Bottom