Buyers remorse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The £100 was left on the strict understanding it was a non refundable deposit

sounds like the blokes an idiot, tell him you want £110 for the taxi ride

Idiots need to understand life lessons else they will bumble through life annoying the rest of us

Last edited:
Soldato
Unless its really put you out and you have lost another sale, I would give the lad his deposit back and benefit from being a nice person and not an arse :)

Man of Honour
Why didn't he check the insurance cost before handing over £100? It's like me booking a night in a Sydney hotel and then going 'FFS didn't realise it was going to cost £500 to get there'.

Sounds like you've had your time wasted with the viewing and giving him a lift to the station. I'd certainly be reluctant to refund the full amount but depends a bit on how much you've been put out (at least he's told you the next day and you haven't had to wait a week, turning away lots of viewings).

Associate
OP
He gave me the run around for 2 hours yesterday, trying this and that, asking loads of questions. I feel like telling him to do one, certainly if he bought off a trader he would have kissed the deposit goodbye.

Soldato
Shouldn't your question be "morally where do I stand?"

He doesn't sound like your standard time waster if he travelled all that way to view the car. A bit of a plonker perhaps if he didn't check the likely insurance cost first.

Give him the money back and you'll both feel good about it (if you keep the £100 you'll feel like an arse in the end unless you've got very thick skin). Generally in life what goes around comes around I find.

Soldato
I would certainly give him the money back, it's obviously a lot of money to him and for him to travel and leave the cash he was obviously a genuine buyer. It's not like he's given you the runaround for weeks, it's not even been a day. He's probably sat there gutted at the moment. Be nice? Or is that too much to ask these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom