SERIOUS issue with AVEXIR DDR4

Associate
last Oct 15 when i built my pc , i bought

Avexir Blitz Original Red 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C15 3000MHz Quad Channel Memory Kit - Red Light (AVD4UZ130001504G-4BZ1RR)

from here

Now as i wanted more ram and to get that sweet 32GB i bought another set of 16GB but elsewhere as OC dont have stock .. well here is my problem

Old ram is 15-15-15-35 timings even with XMP mode on .

New ram i bought is CL15 - 15-15-15-35 ¦ Intel Extreme Memory Profiles (XMP) - 3000 MHz - 1.35 V - CL16 - 16-18-18-36 (AVD4UZ130001604G-4BZ1RR)

so when all 8 modules giving me 32GB will not boot into windows and giving me the failed overclock black screen . then prompting me to go into bios to reset .

i have latest bios in MSI godlike 1.7 and my guess is that when the new ram is in the mobo along with the older tighter timing ram it just gets overridden with the looser timings of 16-18--18-36 i have not tried the tighter timings of the new ram top match the old ram as worried it will damage the ram and never done this kind of thing before .

it also pains me that i cant find the older ram anywhere and its not even on the Avexir website . and when i put product code what i ordered it comes up with the new looser timing ram .

can someone from sales or anyone who deals with Avexir why i cant get the older ram i got ? as its now useless unless i only want 16GB 4x4GB of 3000mhz ram

even the serial codes are different all be it 1 number that is changed from a 5 to a 6 .

Soldato
Whilst it's not ideal, you should be able to tell your faster RAM to go as slow as the older stuff. Have you tried turning off XMP in the BIOS?

Your CPU OC would probably fail anyway, even if you got more original RAM as the CPU memory controller is under more stress with the increased memory. Trying backing off the CPU OC or turning it off.

Associate
OP
Whilst it's not ideal, you should be able to tell your faster RAM to go as slow as the older stuff. Have you tried turning off XMP in the BIOS?

Your CPU OC would probably fail anyway, even if you got more original RAM as the CPU memory controller is under more stress with the increased memory. Trying backing off the CPU OC or turning it off.

i have tried everything even no overclock , with XMP off all ram is fine and will run at 2133mhz at 15-15-15-35 but not 3000mhz , i cant tell older ram to go slower as its all already slower with the looser timings as when all 8 sticks are in my XMP timings are 16-18-18-36 and when its at these timing the volts are at 1.2 instead of 1.35 , even done that manually and no go .

Soldato
Don't mix memory kits. Your problem is born from a lack of understanding of how these things work. Each kit is binned at the density it is sold at with adequate guardband. The moment you pair two kits together that guardband goes out the window, as it was never qualified by the vendor to be able to run that way.

Sell the kits and buy a 32GB kit.

Associate
OP
Don't mix memory kits. Your problem is born from a lack of understanding of how these things work. Each kit is binned at the density it is sold at with adequate guardband. The moment you pair two kits together that guardband goes out the window, as it was never qualified by the vendor to be able to run that way.

Sell the kits and buy a 32GB kit.

i bought the 2nd kit as it says on there web page CL15-15-15-35 , i thought i was buying a matched timed set . but it was not only does those timings in 2133mhz .

both ram are very similar in Mfr part code:

AVD4UZ130001604G-4BZ1RR (new ram)

AVD4UZ130001504G-4BZ1RR (old ram bought from here and does not even show on the Avexir website ).

and i cant find a 32GB 8x4gb kit ,which is what i want for the aesthetics part (strobe lighting) to cover all slots

and not a lot of people will know about BINNED ! either ! you come across as though my lack of wisdom in Memory timings made you angry . not everyone is a Computer genius and knows everything there know to about ram . i bought what i seen that thought that matched matched .

Last edited:
Soldato
You're still not getting it, sorry if that came across as rude. Sometimes a harsher tone is needed to push people onto the right path.

You are still mixing two kits. As I've just told you, binned kits (or tested to operate at the speed, timings and density) are done so at that density. The moment you mix or add any additional memory, additional tuning will likely be required, or might not even be capable of running at the speed the kits are rated at.

Which is precisely what you are finding. Memory timings and frequency scale with the density, this includes sub timings. The memory vendors don't put any reassurances in place to make sure this is possible. Nor do they recommend mixing memory kits in the first place.

Best thing you can do personally is try reducing the frequency and primary timings till you find stability.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I know what your saying and I am only learning about ram as never had to deal with it before as I would just but 1 kit and be done . Now I wanting a second kit to fill up the board .I know I'm not going to be able to run them at XMP speeds but my actual situation is the old kit . Why can't I find this kit anywhere or why is it not on the manufacturer website ? It seems it does not exist . I could have then be in a better position to get another set to match up . These tighter timings ram came in a lovely presentation black box and these new ones came In a crappy slimline box .

Would you suggest selling the old tighter timings kit and just buy another set like I have just bought with the same timings ? Or just start a fresh with another brand ?

Thanks anyway . I should have said I didn't know much about ram .

I did get them all stable though running at 2666mhz on Manuel settings @ auto volts

Soldato
If wanting a higher frequency, I would definitely get shot of both and buy a singular kit. Results will be far better.

Most definately this^

Judging by the timings of both kits they look to me like they are using different IC's and to get them to play ball together there timings and speed will have to be below there rated specs to achive this. If for instance they used the same mem chips you would stand more of a chance of getting something half decent but would still require manual tweaking and lots of time to get it right. IMO silent scone has advised correctly and taking up the advice will save you a lot of headaches!

Soldato
The reason for the part numbers being different is because your original kit is CL15 and your new set is CL16. The reason you cant find it on their website anymore (For some silly reason) is that they have changed the chips from Single sided to double sided(Actually think its the other way round). Mixing single and double sided memory is always a recipe for disaster.

You have 2 options, sell both kits buy 32Gb (4 x 8Gb) and leaves you 4 slots for further upgrade or sell the older(Original) set of memory and buy another set of the new stuff.

LOL After doing a search there are some mentions of that specific part number. Including a for sale post on AVForums.. ;)

Associate
OP
The reason for the part numbers being different is because your original kit is CL15 and your new set is CL16. The reason you cant find it on their website anymore (For some silly reason) is that they have changed the chips from Single sided to double sided(Actually think its the other way round). Mixing single and double sided memory is always a recipe for disaster.

You have 2 options, sell both kits buy 32Gb (4 x 8Gb) and leaves you 4 slots for further upgrade or sell the older(Original) set of memory and buy another set of the new stuff.

LOL After doing a search there are some mentions of that specific part number. Including a for sale post on AVForums.. ;)

Thats me selling the old ram on there and you must have guessed with the same username lol

anyway i bought a matching kit the exact same as the new set , well same problems im afraid will not boot using XMP mode for 3000mhz .

but it will overclock with 2666mhz with XMP or manual .

also what i found is that i can not run any 4 stick kits in slots 2,4,6,8 slots the pc will not post at all in these slots with even 1 stick in each of these slots .

so now im thinking there is a problem with the board is or it just MSI and the memory controller as it does say in manual to put ram modules in odd number slots first . pc boots fine in slots 1,3,5,7 in any combination or all as i have been using with the older ram . but all slots work together using anything with 2666mhz or lower freq with all 8 sticks 8x4GB .

im not sure if im able to return these 2 sets of modules as to be honest they wasn't even sealed in there boxes .

i have tested each stick in each of the odd number slots and boot fine and work at 3000mhz xmp or manual .

like you say i can get 4x8GB then upgrade but then NO i cant as i would have same problem as im having now with all 8 sticks the exact same all be it in 2 kits of 4x4GB .

I think im going to have to do what silent scone has said and just get the 4x8GB kit but then 4 empty slots and dont loo right with the LEDS .

thats just me though

Im always learning

Associate
AVD4UZ130001604G-4BZ1RR (new ram)

I looked that part code up. I could only find one website selling it. It has "blitz 1.1" in the title.

If that is where you bought it from then it is falsely advertised. It clearly says it is:

Dynamic Red LED
16GB Dual channel kit (4 x 4GB)
DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000)
Timing 15-15-15-35
Voltage 1.35V

and not CL16 like the part number actually says it is.

You should be able to return it for a full refund as it is not as described.

Associate
OP
I looked that part code up. I could only find one website selling it. It has "blitz 1.1" in the title.

If that is where you bought it from then it is falsely advertised. It clearly says it is:

and not CL16 like the part number actually says it is.

You should be able to return it for a full refund as it is not as described.

both kits do the 3000mhz on there own but wont work as a 32GB kit so in theory im screwed on that front as all they got to say is well they are 16gb kits not 32gb kits ..

price has also increased as i dint pay that .

I thought that but it does say those speeds in the info that's at 2133mhz and 3000mhz is 16-18-18-36

Capacity 16 GB : 4 x 4 GB
Upgrade Type Generic
Memory
Type DRAM
Technology DDR4 SDRAM
Form Factor DIMM 288-pin
Module Height (inch) 1.89
Speed 3000 MHz ( PC4-24000 )
Latency Timings CL16 ( 16-18-18-36 )
Data Integrity Check Non-ECC
Features Aluminium heat spreader, On-Die Termination (ODT), Intel Extreme Memory Profiles (XMP), quad channel, double copper PCB, red activity LED's, 10 Layers PCB heatspreader, red and black heatsink , unbuffered
Module Configuration 512 x 64
Voltage 1.35 V
RAM Performance SPD - 2133 MHz - 1.2 V - CL15 - 15-15-15-35 ¦ Intel Extreme Memory Profiles (XMP) - 3000 MHz - 1.35 V - CL16 - 16-18-18-36
Miscellaneous
Colour Category Black, red
Compliant Standards RoHS
Manufacturer Warranty
Service & Support Limited lifetime warranty

Back
Top Bottom