Twin Turbo "Black Edition"

Soldato
OP
Will black make it darker blue or will it just go muddy?
Would a shorter connection from rad to vortex straighten it up?
I thought it was the vortex leaking rather than the CPU block. I suppose at least you found it now rather than later!

the first connection was quite short and ended up splitting the Tygon Tubing! but not fully.
Trying to see if Alpha will send me there version. The Port hole would actually line up 100% with CPU inlet.

Will to post the Alphacool block to anyone if they want to test it and find out why!! haha. i did see theres a bit of a tapping issues with the thread...

looks relay nice mate :) good choice of parts ;)

cheers :D

case is a lot better then the S340 for a full water build. Will have to get around to the IN WIN 303 for myself. spoke with the IN WIN team and got them to check out mounting 2x 240mm and a 1x 360mm rad and it worked :D

Soldato
Will to post the Alphacool block to anyone if they want to test it and find out why!! haha. i did see theres a bit of a tapping issues with the thread...

I've had that with an XSPC res (a long time ago). If the face of the block gets chipped when the thread is tapped, the o-ring doesn't seal it properly. You can seal it with some LS-X if you can't be bothered to send it back but, obviously, it's better replaced.

Soldato
OP
Ive looked at the Alpha and EK plexi design. theres a slight inset with the EK then the thread so allows the o-ring to be seated, with the alpha its just a flat surface thats been tapped into. No leeway .

will be interesting to see the new Design. Mounting will be based on their New AIO design.

Soldato
The flat surface is what the o-ring seals against when it's squashed. The recess on the EK just helps to retain the o-ring - stops it getting squashed out of the gap as easily.

Soldato
the first connection was quite short and ended up splitting the Tygon Tubing! but not fully.

Oh, hadn't realised that there was some tubing between the CPU block and the 90 attached to the vortex. Would it not make life simpler to use a male to male extension and then the 90? I know EK do them in black but I'm not sure whether the straight knurling would clash with Alphacool's diamond knurling.
EK extensions in black:
Male to male: 6, 12, 20
Male to Female: 8, 20, 30, 50

Alphacool seem to do 10 or 20 static or 22mm revolvable - which you might need if you go onto a non-revolvable 90.

Soldato
OP
Oh, hadn't realised that there was some tubing between the CPU block and the 90 attached to the vortex. Would it not make life simpler to use a male to male extension and then the 90? I know EK do them in black but I'm not sure whether the straight knurling would clash with Alphacool's diamond knurling.
EK extensions in black:
Male to male: 6, 12, 20
Male to Female: 8, 20, 30, 50

Alphacool seem to do 10 or 20 static or 22mm revolvable - which you might need if you go onto a non-revolvable 90.

angle is a bit funny, not 45 or 60 degrees so used tubing to bridge the gap. if i do this again, I know the Alphacool spin meter lines up almost 100% perfectly :D

The the Alphacool block having no recess, tighten to much it leaks, to less it leaks= pain!!!

Phone pics so not the best

IT support fell asleep on the job

In love with the Res/Pump combo! need to get the camera set up for a shot like this. phone really doesnt do it justice
Tempting to add another 2 LED to the other side to really light it up but can afford to add another cable from the PSU just for one molex. Might move one of them to the other side to make the glow even

Play in HD :D NO LEAKS! well.... there was one between the rad and Vortex as i didnt tighten the fitting enough :D KITCHEN TOWEL PEOPLE! kitchen towel

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Love the IT support - she'll love it when it starts blowing warm air out the vents!

She and other other one prefer this case due to more exhaust fans and it running hotter since the 120mm is straight after the GPUs! it is half tempting to put a small chip of ice cube in one of the ridges to show how hot the back plate gets. :D

half tempted to swap out the front Wingboost fans with Noiseblocker Alpha ones. just need to bit more pressure to reach the GPUs

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm not a fluid dynamics expert by a long shot but I wouldn't have thought a static pressure fan would help when you've got the fan blowing into an open area - there's nothing for it to push against. Assuming you've not got high positive pressure in the case, but if you do, you're unlikely to get much flow into it anyway. Wouldn't a high flow fan work better?

My mum lets her cat sleep on the top of her multi-function printer. I keep trying to explain that his fur is what clogs up the scan-head and stops the whole thing working...but it's almost like she doesn't care! :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
I'm not a fluid dynamics expert by a long shot but I wouldn't have thought a static pressure fan would help when you've got the fan blowing into an open area - there's nothing for it to push against. Assuming you've not got high positive pressure in the case, but if you do, you're unlikely to get much flow into it anyway. Wouldn't a high flow fan work better?

My mum lets her cat sleep on the top of her multi-function printer. I keep trying to explain that his fur is what clogs up the scan-head and stops the whole thing working...but it's almost like she doesn't care! :rolleyes:

The Rad at the front kills the flow from the wingboost, just hasnt got the power. gets a lot in but im guessing more then likely the top fans are pulling the flow up. The the Gigabyte cards, the Blower fans are truely aweful compared to the ASUS version!!! i cant run it higher then 15% without a horrid dull loud drone !!!!
I had Helix fans on the white verison and did notice air was reaching the GPU intake, i know there is a res in the way on this one aswell.
But might just go with the flow and keep the fans in. can run them at 100% with no noise at all :D

Soldato
Ah, fair enough. Hadn't thought about the rad. Definitely a high SP fan will get more air flowing through the resistance then. Had good results with the Corsair SP120's (3-pin version) when they're turned down. Good flow of air through an EK XE360 even at slow speed. Horribly noisy on full though. SP140s don't seem as good on paper though.

Soldato
OP
Ah, fair enough. Hadn't thought about the rad. Definitely a high SP fan will get more air flowing through the resistance then. Had good results with the Corsair SP120's (3-pin version) when they're turned down. Good flow of air through an EK XE360 even at slow speed. Horribly noisy on full though. SP140s don't seem as good on paper though.

think Wingboost fans will cause an issue with heat over the long run.

Touching all of the Fittings, they are warm! even after leaving the radiator at the front entering the res! The Alphacool fan does a great job with the 120 rad and ypu can feel the air going through, the Wingboost theres nothing even at 100% which is a massive shame. the do a great job in the exit , but yeah- was meant to have a descent Static pressure, 1.4 or along those lines for the sound they make should have been good with a low density rad.

took a vid of Intels benching tool and Valley. CPU tempt is much better then before and room temp is 24c.
Running the GPUs at 1414hz does hit 50c after a good while

Soldato
OP
Got around to takingsome pics with the camera, hopefully upload tomorrow .

Quick preview with sane shots but on my phone :)

Phone pics doesn't do it justice :) kept the wing boost fans at the front , prop should be changed but to lazy ! Seen alphacool does Noiseblockers in blue ...

Soldato
OP
finally got the camera shots, just stitched a few together and will upload the rest with spoiler tab as theres a few :)

needing to take one of two better night shots and get the settings correct along with a video :)

Case Shots

All about the Alphacool (EKWB in there too )

Open Case

Macro shot (need to get a true lens, current got a screw on 15mm macro lens cap)

Outdoors

All about the Nvidia Gigabyte GTX 970 Twin Turbo OC- Hybrid

Inside With Hue+ On

Inside

Collection

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
ahh, one more day left on ebay. Have a feeling this thing might not ship.

might have to sell the Custom Hybrids separately or as a pair. Hope this isnt breaking the rules but if anyones interested let me know.

also gutting was to hear from Gigabyte if i'd got the build done before June they would have taken it to Computex ;(

Back
Top Bottom