First time build - Phanteks Luxe fun

Associate
Hey all, been a long time lurker of this forum and have been meaning to build my own rig for years now. For the last 6 years I've suffered a £400 laptop due to moving home and having a kid.

Now life has settled down its time to treat myself. On top of that, rather then just buy a decent system I've decided to be brave and build it myself for the first time. I can't wait to finally get back to PC gaming again.

I often look in this part of the forum and see amazing systems put together by experts and experience builders. I thought why not add to it some noobs first attempt and give everyone something to laugh at.

Now I doubt this attempt will be perfect. Hell, it might not even be that good but at least other people in the same boat as me can see that it should be able to get done.

So anyway onto the build. I spent a lot of time researching these components and reading others experiences.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Specs:

Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - White
Gigabyte gaming 7
Corsair vengeance 3000mhz - White
Corsair H115i cooler
Evga G2 650w
500gb Samsung evo SSD
Cablemod black and red psu cables
TP link wireless n card
Phanteks 2m led strip
Windows 10 home

Now two things are clearly missing from this build.

GPU: I'm currently waiting for the 1070 to be released. Until then I'll use the integrated graphics and my ps4 to tide me over.

Monitor: I currently have my old trusty Samsung t240. This again will tide me over until I have the GPU and can buy a decent monitor to match its performance.

The build will begin this weekend. I'll try and keep this updated as much as possible as long as I'm not crying in the corner somewhere.

Associate
Agree on a good choice of case. Cooling is really nice in it. Consider upgrading from the 200mm fan in the front to 2x140mm. I found them better when I used my luxe.

Looking forward to seeing your progress :D

Associate
OP
Agree on a good choice of case. Cooling is really nice in it. Consider upgrading from the 200mm fan in the front to 2x140mm. I found them better when I used my luxe.

Looking forward to seeing your progress :D

Thanks mate. I actually forgot to add. I bought an extra f140sp as well. Will move the top fan with the extra one I've bought to the front of the case

Glad I made the right decision!

Associate
OP
So I made a start on it this morning. Below are the pics. So far it's been going well (don't want to jinx it). What an amazing feeling it was when it powered on

Have now installed Windows but had to leave it there due to work this afternoon.

I couldn't be bothered with the grief of the Phanteks hub after reading issues online with non pwm fan headers. I've just connected the case fans direct to the motherboard.

Tomorrow I'll swap the front fan for the two 140's. Still waiting on my led strip to arrive for the inside as well.

I'll then do a big tidy up.

Ps. Even though it's only temporary , this beauty makes that monitor look dreadful haha

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Associate
OP
Tidied the thing up now. Front 200 fan replaced with two 140's. Overall pretty pleased with my first build attempt.

I'm finally off work tomorrow so can have a proper play with it.

Things to come:

Overclock
New monitor

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Associate
OP
Wow that colour scheme is really nice :)

Can i ask what chair that is?
Looks super comfy

It ain't a bad chair mate. It's a tinx gaming chair off the rainforest. I imagine tinx is short for Chinese imitation. It was a pig to put together due to awful instructions but it's very very comfy and seems sturdy enough

Associate
OP
So I just noticed that my top fan filter wasn't sitting flush. Turns out one of the locking clips doesn't work and click down.

Spoke with Phanteks and they are sending me two replacements which is great customer service.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Associate
OP
Now enabled XMP so my ram is at 3000mhz.

Had a little play around with overclocking the cpu. Currently stable (touch wood) at 4.6ghz at 1.340v.

Any thing lower then that causes crashes.

Max temp under aida64 and xtu stress tests is 70 degrees.

Associate
OP
Looking good.

I just purchased almost the same set-up apart from a 1080 and custom water loop.

Sounds fantastic mate. I can't wait for the 1070. I go away mid June so will have to wait until im back.

Make sure you post your build fella. As its so similar I'd like to compare anything we have done differently.

Back
Top Bottom