New System Build - Everything Needed - £1500

Associate
EDIT: Need the title to be £1,500* can't seem to edit :D

So... I've been away from PC gaming for a long while... but moving into a new place means I have dedicated room for an office... and after years video editing on laptops with consoles for gaming i have decided to "come back" to the master race... especially as I miss strategy games and could do with more horsepower for video editing (Youtube)!

So... I need everything, I am fairly design conscious so would prefer a cleaner looking case rather than traditional "gaming" cases. I'd like to have something that runs fairly silent during normal browsing, office work, etc. Happy to accept the noise when under load.

I plan to go 1440p Ultrawide...but not sure if G-Sync/Freesync is worth it?...also worried about 'lock in' to a particular GPU manufacturer (monitor is not part of the budget and will buy separately)

I will be editing 4k footage too so would suspect I7 6700k as a building block... happy to go a little overboard on the budget if required...

So over to you guys to offer any advice help...

Thank you!

Last edited:
Caporegime
My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £1,511.76
(includes shipping: £0.00)

You might want a bigger HDD for storage, I dont know.

I just edited out the Dell 1440P Gsync screen for this 1080P one as it will be easier for the GTX1060.

And with some added bling,

Total: £1,566.72

Associate
OP
That's awesome mate thank you... just one note... the monitor should be additional so its £1500 just for the system I will buy the monitor separately... would you up it to a 1080 in that case?

Caporegime
Caporegime
Or X99,

Total: £1,459.00

Or keep the better keyboard+mouse or 500Gb SSD.

I think you get the general idea.

Total: £1,524.81

£30 STEAM voucher with this board - http://g1.gigabyte.eu/tl-uk-steampromo-ug.html

Associate
if you want a fairly quiet system watch your fans. I'd been a laptop/console guy for years until i built again last year and the stock fans on my case/cooler did my nut in even at low rpms.

highly recommend paying a bit extra for decent/silent fans, look into noctua

Back
Top Bottom