Scythe Mugen 2 rev b not compatible with Asus z170 pro gaming?

Associate
OP
but is it safe way of mounting a cooler? on all instructions its sayd that plate should face correct direction. I alrdy contacted Scythe support and they sayd they will send mugen 3 mounting gear. IDK if i want to risk any further with this one.

Associate
OP
i dont understand what u saing, i cant see how it can physicly fit while rotated 90 degree and actually work with radiator as it was intended to do. Manual doesnt say a word about rotating anyway and i dk if its safe(weight ballance.

Soldato
Are you on a wind up or something mate?? That plate quite obviously needs rotating a quarter turn either way! The solder points won't hold the plate off and will just sit in the foam backing... how you've mounted your plated across the socket back plate will.

I don't wanna go to on hard on you as you might just be having a bad day, but but you have literally failed to put a rectangular object into a rectangular hole.

Associate
OP
this thing just doesnt fit this motherboard as advertised and i will need to look for something new which wont interfere with mobo pins.

Associate
It looks like you have it installed wrong? Looks like it needs to be turned 1/4 turn clockwise?

This! From the first picture of the three you've just posted, the backplate needs to be rotated 90 degrees in either direction to fit properly.

As for the motherboard pins, that is what the foam is for. The pins will push into the foam and allow the backplate to mount properly.

Associate
OP
but what about mugen 3 backplate, is this placed correctly and does it matter if its little bended while screwd in?

Back
Top Bottom