• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA GTX 1080 FOUNDERS EDITION: WANNA PRE-ORDER?

Soldato
Will the HB bridge and Dx12 be likely to improve SLI?

I have never had SLI and the #1 reason is because I read about microstuttering, also lack of support with some games.

If SLI works better with HB bridge and DX12 (no microstuttering) then a 1070 or 1080 SLI would be a good option.

Caporegime
Will the HB bridge and Dx12 be likely to improve SLI?

I have never had SLI and the #1 reason is because I read about microstuttering, also lack of support with some games.

If SLI works better with HB bridge and DX12 (no microstuttering) then a 1070 or 1080 SLI would be a good option.

Doubt it, its meant to improve performance at 4k and up according to a pic on pc per, but ultimately sli support is down to nvidia and devs to get sorted.

Pics on this page http://www.pcper.com/image/view/69397?return=node/65355

Associate
If there were 4K screens in VR I would be more inclined to get 1080
but even then the value for money proposition seems quite poor at the moment

If VR had two 4K screens running at 90 (or is it 120?) Hz then I dare say no one could run them on all but the most simplistic of graphics. A 1080 wouldn't be much help there.

(Assuming of course these VR headsets never came out alongside software solutions such as foveated rendering.)

Soldato
If VR had two 4K screens running at 90 (or is it 120?) Hz then I dare say no one could run them on all but the most simplistic of graphics. A 1080 wouldn't be much help there.

(Assuming of course these VR headsets never came out alongside software solutions such as foveated rendering.)

3440x1440 would be good for VR, or 4k with the eye tracking thing where it does not render whole screen at full resolution.

Last edited:
Associate
3440x1440 would be good for VR, or 4k with the eye tracking thing where it does not render whole screen at full resolution.

I'll be hoping onto VR at the next gen when the resolution is a bit higher and more games are out.

It took all my effort to avoid buying the Vive earlier this month. I only managed to convince myself against it by deciding on a 1080 instead.

Permabanned
Why is the thread called Wanna preorder? when you can't preorder?

its ok you can crash the servers at 2pm on friday :)

nah cmon guys it be nice if they allowed orders on thurs imo, since you cant physically have till 27th. But there will be business agreements behind this.

Fact is its a 649 pound card that will in a few weeks be around 550-520 when 3rd parties rock up.

Its not selling out, i doubt, just log on at 2pm order one get it saturday, have a blooming lovely gamey weekend!

Associate
Yeah I'm 100% out now for the founders cards as I have a small case and the air flow isn't great. Like he said in the video if nvidia weren't miss leading people then this wouldn't off been as bigger issue as it is.

Hopefully custom cards will be around the same price.

Soldato
It's quite obvious why Nvidia showed it running so cool at the event... it was the only way they could legitimise charging such a ridiculous price and not calling it what it is... a basic Reference card! Whoever came up with that bright idea should be sacked. History won't look back fondly on this, and it's hardly going to engender much trust in the future at their claims.

My concern, as it has always been, is that their positioning of the FE at a premium £615+ price point could see AIB's go beyond that with their fancy custom solutions, when if Nvidia had simply called the FE a Reference and released it at the lower price in the first place, that wouldn't have been the case. Greed rules unfortunately! :(

Back
Top Bottom