Associate
Hi all,
Just signed up to the forum.
Been building my own PC's for a few years now.
This is my current build which I'm just thinking about re-casing and changing the cooling loop. Looking at the Fractal Design Define S.

Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus VII Gene
Proc: Intel i7 4790K clocked to 4.8GHz
RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance
GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980
Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini R2
Cooling: Custom loop, two 120mm slim and one 120mm x 60mm Alphacool rad, XSPC Raystrom Pro block, Monsoon D5 res, Corsair SP120/AF140 fans.

27532015382_fdacec700c_c.jpg

27022205223_b51ba4c518_c.jpg

One quick question, PM's. Can I not send one until I've made a set number of posts? I found a picture of khemist's build and wanted to drop them a PM to ask about the rads.

Associate
Welcome to the forums... unfortunately I'm on a works computer right now and all image hosts are blocked so I cant see your pictures :( but from what Cvlty says it sounds like a dcent build!! (will check it out again once I get home later).

Associate
OP
Hi there, welcome! Very jealous of your build! :) Absolutely stunning mate, in regards to PMs, I don't beleive you have the option to send them on these forums, but if you click on peoples profiles they may have an email you can get in contact with. But that's only to my knowledge as I've never really looked into it :)

Thanks for your comments on the build :). I only did the WC loop a little while back but I already want to change it! It's technically still the first custom one I've done although it look me literally two weeks after completing it to add the two XSPC rads!

The plan now is to get a Define S. Cant decide between getting two 360's or one 360 for the front and a 240/280 for the top.

Ah ok fair enough. Might just have to resurrect the thread then :D

Associate
OP
Welcome to the forums... unfortunately I'm on a works computer right now and all image hosts are blocked so I cant see your pictures :( but from what Cvlty says it sounds like a dcent build!! (will check it out again once I get home later).

Thanks - would like to know what you think once you can actually see the photos. Only thing that bothers me is the three small rads. Would prefer something in one piece really. I could put a 240 in the front and a 360 in the top if I lose the HDD cage and 5.25 bays but as you can see they are full. Getting a Define S should solve that issue as the three HDD's can go round the back where my current Samsung EVO 840 SSD is. Then I can just get a new res to go in the front.

Still you do what you can with limited space :)

Associate
Finally home and I can now see all images :D

It looks great buddy!!

I see what you mean about the 3 single rads. The define s is a nice case too! For a small build such as yours id think a 240 would be plenty :)

Associate
OP
Cheers :)
The alphacool 120 was more than enough for my CPU at turbo frequency on its own but I'm planning to water cool the 980 too. That and if I can boost the cooling enough then I can clock the CPU to 5GHz. My core will just about do it but it gets hot! Too hot to stress test for long enough to consider it stable.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

PMs are disabled for all users except the moderators/admin team.

If you click on "trust" under a post, you can send a direct email to that poster, providing they have set up their trust profile.

Oh and welcome :cool:

Back
Top Bottom