WC pump & fittings

Soldato
Hi,

I am very close to build a custom loop.

However first thing I need to consider before start planning around is the pump. (size)

Now, since I am using the Predator 360, which comes with a DDC pump, I cannot get why all the fuss against the DDC pumps.

It is dead silent, at least cannot be heard even 100% is not hot and is doing damn good job.

Are there any differences between the Predator DDC and another DDC?

Should I consider a D5? (it will work at 100% speed)

If so, which one?

EK D5 (3.9m / 1500Lt/h), XSPC (3.7m / 1200lt/h) , TT Pacific (4.5m / 1135lt/h), or the Monsoon D5 where no specs can be found, while searching for 1h, but having some interesting heads and reservoirs that will abolish the need of colouring in the water?

Also, is it better to bend the tubing or use 90 degrees metal fittings?

Gangster
OcUK Staff
Hi,

DDC pumps can get a little hot the more you have in the loop but still do a good job. Having a D5 will offer more power over the DDC and you would be able to run it at a slower speed.

I don't believe monsoon actually have a D5 pump they just have a lot of items to use with a D5 from any brand really.

I use the Ek D5 personally and it does a very good job and is very quite.

I would give bending a go but if you are not confident then angled fittings can look good when done right. If you do attempt bending expect waste so always order more just in case one messes up.

Back
Top Bottom