Advice on flushing system changing from mayhems Aurora red

Associate
Hey Gents,

Fancy a change of fluid colour, looking to change from Mayhems Aurora red,thinking a blue, perhaps one of Mayhems pastels (white?), and add UV blue concentrate and UV led strip lights for more glow.

Guess right way would be to drain, then flush loop with distilled water to remove any remaining Aurora particles? No need for flush kit?

Many thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Blitz kit for the cost especially if your changing colour, I'd also be tempted to change tubing aswell as no doubt it'll have changed colour slightly from running the red.

Associate
From my own experience changing from pastel red to white I'd say it's probably more along the lines of drain, flush, flush, flush, flush, flush, flush, flush, flush, flush, flush, flush ;)

Seriously though you should have an easier job than me as you're moving to blue, white was a nightmare as even the smallest amount of red left in the loop made the white turn pink.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the guidance fellas, really appreciated.

Think if I'm going to do any change of tubing it will be a move from flex to hard glass, given all the lovely builds I've seen over the last year on here. I dont think I'm quite ready or have the time for that at the mo.

I may well stick with red then - Aurora red with it's reflective particles looks great when the PC is up on the bench with side panel off and I've pretty much got my face up against the tubes or res, but when PC on the floor it looks lifeless - no punch or glow - perhaps it's the way I've got my case lit inside (two LED blue strips).

Looking for more "punch" so the complete loop stands out - expect a UV effect will give this? Pastel with UV additive, or premixed red UV? What do you think?

Associate
standard flexy tubing isn't that expensive but ok :)

So you have red fluid and using blue LED's ? wont they just make it look .. .black ?

Never used Aurora (And its only short term usage which never appeal to me) so not much help I'm afraid.

Back
Top Bottom