Mayhem Blitz question

Soldato
I am a bit uncertain based on a review I read here (albeit from 2014) that seems to contradict the time for Part 1. The review states this has been amended to no more than 2 hours, but the instructions in mine still say 6-12 hours. What should it be?

Also, I am using these on new rads, not installed yet, so I'll be rinsing out with de-ionised before I put the loop together. Do I need to use Part 2, or providing my flush from the rad after rinsing is the right pH, am I good to go?

Associate
I am a bit uncertain based on a review I read here (albeit from 2014) that seems to contradict the time for Part 1. The review states this has been amended to no more than 2 hours, but the instructions in mine still say 6-12 hours. What should it be?

Also, I am using these on new rads, not installed yet, so I'll be rinsing out with de-ionised before I put the loop together. Do I need to use Part 2, or providing my flush from the rad after rinsing is the right pH, am I good to go?

The instructions that come with the Blitz kit are the most up. Follow them.

It is recommended to flush with part 2 after using part 1.

Soldato
OP
The instructions that come with the Blitz kit are the most up. Follow them.

It is recommended to flush with part 2 after using part 1.

So at least 6 hours it is then. They are new rads, already rinsed with loads of de-ionised but there's still stuff coming out.

Can I use part 2 on just the rads then, or I need to get the whole loop in in order to do that?

Associate
So at least 6 hours it is then. They are new rads, already rinsed with loads of de-ionised but there's still stuff coming out.

Can I use part 2 on just the rads then, or I need to get the whole loop in in order to do that?

Part 2 is for both cleaning and getting your loop to the right pH range to avoid problems like separation with pastel coolants etc so should be used on the finished loop not just the rads.

Associate

I used part 2 just on the rads. They are new and have not been installed in the case. I also used part 1 first. If there is loads of stuff coming out maybe part 1 is a good idea.

Worth noting that I flushed the blocks with part 2 when in a different loop about 1 month ago.

When using part 2 get a filter hooked up to stop any debris recirculating.

This is a picture showing flushing with a house filter and Blitz part 2 in my old loop...

DSC_1424_zpscdhc1ack.jpg

Worth noting that I flushed the blocks with part 2 when in a different loop about 1 month ago.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah no need for a filter, the mayhems will loosen anything in there and it will flush right out when your washing out the rads after.

Back
Top Bottom