EKWB blocks

Associate
Why don't EKWB make them black blocks with clear coolant pathing? I like the black look but I also like to see my coolant flowing. I think they would sell really. Especially being new and all lol.

Associate
OP
Well I wouldn't want to do that myself as it wo7ld cost the price of 2 blocks. I just think it would look pretty good seeing the liquid flow through a black block.

Soldato
Why not buy the plexi (clear) block and a sheet of black self adhesive vinyl. Cut the vinyl to fit the dimensions of the face of the block, then cut out sections with a scalpel to show the path of the water underneath.

Soldato
Why don't EKWB make them black blocks with clear coolant pathing? I like the black look but I also like to see my coolant flowing.
Because that's their chosen style, whereas others do the clear blocks?

You won't usually see the coolant flowing, though. It'll be a solid colour.
Best you'll bet is the occasional microbubble moving through the tubes, unless you use something like Mayhems Aurora, which is only designed for short-term use anyway.

Soldato
If you look at the EVGA licensed EKWB's you'll see the black metal logo plate has been laser cut and overlays the plexi underneath. This is really the only way to do it, see my suggestion above using vinyl. If you screw it up you only have to unpeel it and start again.

The more pieces you have to a water block the higher the chance of leaks. If the bulk of the block top was black with clear sections for the flow, it would have to have to be covered in screws to keep it all watertight. At that point it will start to look **** :(

Associate
OP
That zotac 1080 with waterblock on it looks like what I mean. Not seen it running though so can't tell if the clear part will show the liquid or is just for the shiny look.

Associate
OP
I have a clear block on my 970 maybe when I get my parvum case I'll give this a go. Parvum has the gpu at top and windowed so you can see it btw.

Back
Top Bottom