To the makers of Doom.

Soldato
wait, isnt the game that size to download to start with? :o

Yeah I think that is what he is getting at as it seems when you buy the physical version you are only buying the code and not the game on the disk. I use to sometimes buy the physical version so I didn't have to download but now I just buy it online and suck up the wait.

Man of Honour
The recent patch is 1.4GB if it redownloaded the whole 55GB something went wrong.

The one before that was several GB (12 IIRC) but it contained quite a lot of new assets for snapmap and some MP stuff.

Unfortunately these days games have moved on from the days where it was simple to distribute a large static asset package - several times games have even had massive patches on day one that means often a DVD, etc. is no longer a bandwidth saving.

Last edited:
Soldato
55 gig these days is absolutely nothing. If it is to you. Look at your isp or pay for a decent one. Everything is downloading these days. Everyone needs to get with it.

Associate
The new NBA was 70 and one of the Elder Scrolls was 82, games are getting bigger so we just need to accept it. Thats one of the reasons I have 7 solid state drives all above 250gb in size.

Soldato
OP
55 gig these days is absolutely nothing. If it is to you. Look at your isp or pay for a decent one. Everything is downloading these days. Everyone needs to get with it.

55GB is huge even on the fastest line. You shouldn't have to download 55gb of data when you can burn disks for peanuts.

Soldato

You do realise that not everyone can get **** fast internet don't you? Despite living in the middle of a large City I myself am stuck on ADSL2+ and only get a maximum of 1MB/s download. FTTC isn't available here and Virgin refuse to install on my property.

Soldato
OP
sorry for five years now games have been 50 gb or abouts. you can get 200mb bb.

big hds. its just how it is.

Maybe you can, but I can't. I've never even seen the mention of 200mb/s broadband offers. Though I would have to do a pretty big network upgrade to make use of it.

Bit even if I had 200Mb/s, 55gb plus patch is still unacceptable when you can fit hundreds of gigabytes in a DVD case.

5 years ago games wasn't 50gb, and when you bought the game from a shop it at least come on disks, even if it did require a patch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom