**** The Official Note 5 thread ****

Associate
I'll second Package Disabler, worth every penny, and using Google calendar.

Must have apps for me were Google messenger & Google keyboard instead of the stock Samsung offerings. Nova launcher of you want to move away from touchwiz.

Enjoy and let us know what you think when you've had a good play! I can link you to the wireless quick charger from eBay if you like, it's an official Samsung product.

Thank buddy. Amazon would be better as I have prime.

How does Google Messenger work? Is it cross platform?

Associate
To remove bloat, look up Package Disabler. It's around £3 though, but lets you disable pretty much everything.

Probably best to switch to Google Calendar at this point. That doesn't matter what platform you're on. Google's good like that.

Thank you Andy. Does it support iCloud shared calendars? What about a good mail app in which I can still use iCloud mail for now? I'd like push.

Associate
Google messenger just replaced the stock SMS app, nice and light, you can make each conversation a different colour for people etc but above all it just works well :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SAMSUNG-Wir...r=8-1&keywords=samsung+wireless+quick+charger

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mobile-Phon...r=8-2&keywords=samsung+wireless+quick+charger

Black and white available on amazon ( Ihope there is no problem posting the links, OCUK do not sell these) but they're quite a bit more expensive than what I paid on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181886257701?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Soldato
Thank you Andy. Does it support iCloud shared calendars? What about a good mail app in which I can still use iCloud mail for now? I'd like push.

An iOS user might need to tell you this. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple didn't allow it. This is one of the big differences for me between Apple and Google. Google are more than happy for you to use their services on any platform where as Apple will try had to not let you use their services elsewhere.

This is why if I where you I would simply export from one and import into Google's ecosystem, where you can live then on any platform you wish :)

Associate
An iOS user might need to tell you this. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple didn't allow it. This is one of the big differences for me between Apple and Google. Google are more than happy for you to use their services on any platform where as Apple will try had to not let you use their services elsewhere.

This is why if I where you I would simply export from one and import into Google's ecosystem, where you can live then on any platform you wish :)

Thanks Andy. I'll have to check this weekend, the good thing is that I have the following gmail accounts:

First name.lastname@gmail
Lastname @gmail

They are around 10 years old, I also have the same @me addresses which is nice.
Does Google now support push?

Soldato
In what respect? Gmail has been push since I can remember on Android. (And I've been using it 5 years or more)

If you tie in another account to Gmail (done on you PC, not your phone) it will pull them in a frequency based on how much mail that account receives. This can be quite slow, 30 minutes to an hour.

**EDIT**

The Official S-View case is rather nice -

Last edited:
Associate
In what respect? Gmail has been push since I can remember on Android. (And I've been using it 5 years or more)

If you tie in another account to Gmail (done on you PC, not your phone) it will pull them in a frequency based on how much mail that account receives. This can be quite slow, 30 minutes to an hour.

**EDIT**

The Official S-View case is rather nice -

Google stopped push for iOS a couple of years ago now and only offer fetch using the iOS mail app. I always preferred that over the gmail app and didn't know if they supported push, thanks for confirming.

That's a rather nice case indeed, I'll take another look on good old Amazon.

Associate
I messaged them a day or two back, asking if they knew when they would have the 64GB back in stock... no reply :(

Hey buddy. Their weekend starts Thursday to Sunday. That's probably why. You'll get a reply tomorrow. However, I was told they are expecting 64GB stock in two weeks or so.

Don
Is anybody using Deezer on their Note 5? Mine keeps stopping for some reason and it's a pain in the backside as I can't launch it with either my headset or from my car (although I can pause, skip track etc when launched).

Associate
Can anyone confirm that the wireless fast charger will work with a non-faster charger plug and cable please?

Also, can someone link me a genuine fast charger and cable from Amazon, they seem to be about £8 and i'd like a spare but don't know which are genuine.

Thanks

Associate
Sorry, also. How do I get 6.0 on my Note 5?

So far so good, I'm loving the Note 5, I have my iCloud emails synced with the Samsung mail app, i just need to figure out how to do sync my iCloud calendars.

Man of Honour
Can anyone confirm that the wireless fast charger will work with a non-faster charger plug and cable please?

Also, can someone link me a genuine fast charger and cable from Amazon, they seem to be about £8 and i'd like a spare but don't know which are genuine.

Thanks

An older Samsung charger works and it just says charging wirelessly.

This cable also works with the fast charger if you need a long cable for the pad.

That one I got is this one and it is cheaper then when I got mine.

Man of Honour
Associate
Back
Top Bottom