• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Why are there so few active users in this section lately ?

Caporegime
Im glad it's quiet, yes the 3 strike rule helped. Theres a lot less baiting/trolling/arguing. Discussions seem more civil, as it should be. At the end of the day, we all love gaming on pc. And theres not a massive difference doing so with any modern gpu. Im of the opinion, if your too busy looking at the graphic effects on screen, your not playing the game. I love online play, but no place for slackers who are too busy looking at eye candy on my team.:D

Permabanned
Look what they done to the new site, I much preferred the old one.
And I thought I was the only one that misses the old site..

They went and messed it up if you ask me,

Why does it have to be so hard to get a page showing just one type of card such as all the 970's or all the 390's.

I can't do it any more.

Horribly rebuilt site. The competitors finally do something better so I suppose they've got something to be happy about.

Who at Overclockers actually thinks the new site is better to use and better for finding things?

Last edited:
Associate
I must be the only one here who actually likes the new layout. It's not hard to show just one type of card like the 970 or 390's. From the main page it takes two mouse clicks, I'm struggling to see how this is hard. It's quicker than it was before.

Soldato
I must be the only one here who actually likes the new layout. It's not hard to show just one type of card like the 970 or 390's. From the main page it takes two mouse clicks, I'm struggling to see how this is hard. It's quicker than it was before.

People are probably being critical of it and can't see passed that because of the 10 year old design.

Caporegime

It's the old bugbear.....'change'. :)

Once people get used to something, a fair amount of the 'problems' dissolve.

Soldato
When I logged on the other day the GPU section had 1600+ viewers, I almost choked and assumed something catastrophic had happened like AMD had bought Nvidia out or something, hit F5 and it went back to 100+...

Associate
Isn't it just that everything there is to say has been said already.

High spec GPU's are overpriced.
Mid range cards are very old tech.
Nobody's interested in the low end.

Until next gen hits, there's just not that much to talk about :)

Permabanned

Fair enough I just noticed the column on the left after you choose a brand but I just did it for the 390 and got 7 choices, None from Sapphire so why not? It can't be cause there out of stock because I just punched in Sapphire and the 250x is on offer out of stock.

Stopped making it perhaps?

Associate
Isn't it just that everything there is to say has been said already.

High spec GPU's are overpriced.
Mid range cards are very old tech.
Nobody's interested in the low end.

Until next gen hits, there's just not that much to talk about :)

I'm looking forward to the next gen comes out.. dont think ill have the funds to buy a high end next gen but hopefully the prices of the current high end cards will drop..

Man of Honour
OP
Kaapstad, how come I haven't seen any posts about your 980 Ti Kingpins here? If you think this place is getting inactive, all you have to do is contribute a little. ;)

I contribute loads actually, have a look at who updates a lot of the benching threads.:)

The problem with my cards is if I post too much it can become quite boring for people to read.:)

Have a look in the Dirt 3 bench thread, I posted something in there yesterday about my 980 Ti's. I am also going to post some single GPU scores today using stock volts.

Back
Top Bottom