Help: Need rail part number for Dell 1920w rackmount UPS (H928n)

Soldato
Hi all,

I've managed to finally grab myself a UPS to provide some backup to my home network. Picked up a used Dell 1920w ups with management card installed for cheap (bloody heavy!). It's got all the outlets I need and while its integration with vSphere is not as I would have hoped, it will do.

I now want to mount it in my rack, but unfortunately it didn't come with any rails, and for the life of me I can't find out what the part number is to search for them! I know I can use a shelf (which will be my intermediate approach), but I'd like them on proper rails as it minimises the amount of space taken up.

Does anybody have the part numbers, or know where I can find them as the Dell website has been useless and eBay has some but I don't know if they're the right rails!

Any body that might know, or could point me in the direction, I would be very happy to hear from you!

Cheers,

Chris

Soldato
OP
Thanks Caged and good call, I had been thinking about generic rails but was hoping for the quick lock solution that Dell provide as I'm impressed by them (my 310, 410 and 710 all have them and compared to the build and screw versions for my generic 4u case, they where a doddle).

I guess the advantage I have is that I don't need the UPS to slide out for maintenance... connections on the back, batteries in the front!

Caporegime
Ah yeah if the Dell UPS is designed to use something like their Rapid Rails then a) that would make it the nicest UPS the world has ever known, and b) you probably aren't finding replacement rails.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, they where originally supplied with rapid rails but no slide function... Really easy to install as you just slid the UPS in to place using the tabs on the side of it and it was then held by four screws to stop it sliding out... Looks pretty easy on the videos they produced.. Shame I can't find them :(

Soldato
OP
Right, so the ones I need are Dell Static ready rails type B5, but I can't find a product number for them and the dell forums haven't replied to me... I don't need them urgently (still need to buy the IEC C14 cables) so if they're similar price to generic ones from eBay then I'm happy to wait... Does Dell have a product catalog that you can cross reference these things?

Soldato
OP
So, I think I have found the part number: Dell J9Y4P! They indicate that they're 2u rails, rapid rail type (yay!) and they're type B5. They're UPS rails and clearly have the guides for the sliding section of the UPS.

Just confirming that they're actually 2u and then they'll be mine!

Don't know why, but I really do like the Dell rack servers, so nice and easy to install and iDRAC is stonkingly good, although supermicro are much easier to add cards in to for my general use case.

Soldato
OP
So I've confirmed that the part numbers are the correct ones so placed an order; $133 NZD for them including delivery, but really given the price of generics including delivery I'm happy with that price... Can install the UPS once arrived as well as my new 48 port switch!

Back
Top Bottom