Cooler Master V8 Reviews?

Associate
Hi guys,

I've been looking at a new CPU air cooler as I want to finally overclock my 4670K. I have found one that (IMO) aesthetically looks really nice and would suit my build! It's probably a 'love it, or hate it' kind of look so I'm sure some will think it's hideous haha.

I was wondering if anyone on here has the cooler themselves and could give me an honest review. As much as I want a 'decent' looking cooler at the end of the day performance will sway me.

Link to the cooler: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cool...er-high-performance-cpu-cooler-hs-075-cm.html

Thank you in advance,
Scott

Last edited:
Associate
OP
if you read any reviews from review sites who test a lot of coolers you'll find that for the price its pretty bad.

I could only find a few reviews on YT earlier, only one decent, similar to what you stated it does seem to be a way off the Noctua NH-D15s. Are there any particular review sites you recommend?

Associate
OP
Gutted really because I personally hate the look of the Noctuas! If anyone can recommend any other 'aesthetically pleasing' with good performance CPU coolers I'd be grateful :)

Soldato
How much cooling you need is dependent on what CPU you are using and if you will be overclocking.

Most any cooler will do if not overclocking, but may be a little on the loud side under heavy load. Be aware 120mm fanned coolers are often a little louder than 140mm fanned coolers, but be quiet! are just as quiet as other very quiet coolers.

Good mid-level priced coolers (£35-45.00) like Alpenfohn Matterhorn Pure, Thermalright Macho & True Spirit 140, be quiet Dark Rock Advanced, and Cryorig H5 cool as well as top tier coolers when not overclocking. OcUK has Matterhorn, but H5 is harder to find.

Associate
OP
This one looks pretty nice although the colour is somewhat "contradict" against the V8.
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/sapphire-vapour-x-w-dual-fan-120mm-cpu-cooler-hs-001-sp.html

Alternatively, prolimatech megahalems is also a very good cooler.

That Sapphire one looks spot on, I have some decent blue LED fans that can match it up. Just looking in to some reviews of it now to see what it's like with an OC CPU. I don't think the Prolimatech one is compatible with 1150.

Thank you :)

Associate
OP
How much cooling you need is dependent on what CPU you are using and if you will be overclocking.

Most any cooler will do if not overclocking, but may be a little on the loud side under heavy load. Be aware 120mm fanned coolers are often a little louder than 140mm fanned coolers, but be quiet! are just as quiet as other very quiet coolers.

Good mid-level priced coolers (£35-45.00) like Alpenfohn Matterhorn Pure, Thermalright Macho & True Spirit 140, be quiet Dark Rock Advanced, and Cryorig H5 cool as well as top tier coolers when not overclocking. OcUK has Matterhorn, but H5 is harder to find.

Thank you for your reply, I've got a i5 4670K that I am looking to OC. Maybe only a mild OC as it will be my first time... So I'll probably take it easy haha. I'm not majorly bothered about fan noise as I'm generally a 'sofa gamer'.

I'm just looking for anything that is maybe a little 'out of the norm' and doesn't make the rig look horrid. I have a Corsair 300R so I doubt I'd be able to whack a H100i in without it hitting the MB. So, I've now defaulted to looking at some other options :D

Soldato
Soldato
I'll have a look into each - those Cryorig Ultimates... phowr!

RAM clearance could be also be fun! Looks like it's measuring up time, thank you for the advice :)

If it's on your Z97 Pro, there is 76mm center CPU to near side of PCIe and 50mm to near side of RAM.

R1 Universal is 70mm center CPU toward PCIe and 48.5mm to front of fan .. fits behind RAM.
R1 Ultimates is 70mm center CPU toward PCIe and 66.5mm to front of fan.

Both R1 coolers have same finpack, but R1 Universal heatpipes set back a little more making front of cooler 4.5mm closer to CPU center. The rest of difference is thin front fan.

The thinner fan means slightly less airflow through cooler, so 1c, maybe 1.5c difference in CPU temps at extreme overclock. By comparison, optimizing case airflow will usually give 5-15c better CPU temps.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
If it's on your Z97 Pro, there is 76mm center CPU to near side of PCIe and 50mm to near side of RAM.

R1 Universal is 70mm center CPU toward PCIe and 48.5mm to front of fan .. fits behind RAM.
R1 Ultimates is 70mm center CPU toward PCIe and 66.5mm to front of fan.

Both R1 coolers have same finpack, but R1 Universal heatpipes set back a little more making front of cooler 4.5mm closer to CPU center. The rest of difference is thin front fan.

The thinner fan means slightly less airflow through cooler, so 1c, maybe 1.5c difference in CPU temps at extreme overclock. By comparison, optimizing case airflow will usually give 5-15c better CPU temps.

Quality, that's great, thank you for saving me a job :)

I've had a read around and it seems that a H100i would fit as long as the VRM doesn't get in the way on the top of the MB (https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18695149&highlight=h100i+300r). I believe the Pro4 VRM is on the left hand side of the CPU so it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm going to look at a few reviews/benchmarks to see price/performance difference between the R1 and H100i. Really like the look of both, what do you reckon?

Soldato
Quality, that's great, thank you for saving me a job :)

I've had a read around and it seems that a H100i would fit as long as the VRM doesn't get in the way on the top of the MB (https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18695149&highlight=h100i+300r). I believe the Pro4 VRM is on the left hand side of the CPU so it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm going to look at a few reviews/benchmarks to see price/performance difference between the R1 and H100i. Really like the look of both, what do you reckon?
H100i is really not decent, nor is it cheap. I'ts a 'wanna-bee-water' cooling alternative for naive buyers who don't understand what is needed to make a decent water cooling system.
be quiet! Silent Loop 240mm is £114.95 compared to H100i v2 at £109.99. Silent loop pump moves about 3 times as much coolant to a copper radiator instead of aluminium.

While the Silent Loop is not a custom loop or AIO component system, it is still light years better than H100i
be quiet! Silent Loop 240mm radiator is 277x124x30mm coppor
compared to H100i v2 radiator being 277x124x30mm aluminium.

be quiet! Silent Loop 240mm pump is 70L/h
compared to H100i V2 pump being about 25L/h​

be quiet! fans are also light years better.

But both are still way more expensive then similar cooling and quieter air cooling systems are. ;)

Associate
OP
But both are still way more expensive then similar cooling and quieter air cooling systems are. ;)

I honestly don't mind spending the extra to get something that can handle an OC and looks neat/fou-fou haha. That Be-Quiet looks very neat design wise and potentially will fit better because the 'hose' looks way more flexible than the H100i. I'll definitely take your advice if you reckon it's better than the H100i :D

Is that a new product on the market? I can't seem to find many reviews or retailers for it - found one review on a site called kitguru.

Soldato
I honestly don't mind spending the extra to get something that can handle an OC and looks neat/fou-fou haha. That Be-Quiet looks very neat design wise and potentially will fit better because the 'hose' looks way more flexible than the H100i. I'll definitely take your advice if you reckon it's better than the H100i :D

Is that a new product on the market? I can't seem to find many reviews or retailers for it - found one review on a site called kitguru.

Only do it if you think 70L/h and copper radiator are better than 25L/h and aluminum radiator. :p

Basically same pump and radiator as Fractal-Design Kelvin uses .. which is also a much better CLC than Asetek variants with white sails on them. :D

Associate
OP
Doyll, sorry to pester again haha.

I'm sold by the Silent Loop, do you know what Be Quiet's warranty is like? I've been searching around on their site with no luck on specifics, only that it's a three year.

Thank you again!

Back
Top Bottom