Singapore - few photos from a recent trip

Soldato
OP
They do take their architecture seriously it seems!

Yep! Some pretty impressive places to visit over there.

love this set of photos! I know how busy Singapore is, amazing how you managed to get most of these photos without anyone else in there!

I was lucky that a lot of places I went to were during the week after work, so it was noticeably quieter.
And some places I got there as it opened, like the Cloud Forest. I was one of the first in, but it was still pretty quiet for the first 30 mins.

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
Hey Dan just finished reading your New Zealand write up and once again some amazing shots!

Can I ask what size you upload your photos at?

Also it would be great if you could do more of a technical follow up regarding your work flow, post processing style and lenses / settings etc

I would love to read it and I know many more would too, especially as a guest post on Fuji Rumours maybe... Or maybe just a one year on write up to your 'My switch to the dark side' post!

Associate
I just had to login and say before I go home from work..

Great frigging photos!!!

Really like (boringly) the travelator one with the blue and orange sharp transition point, great leading lines as someone has mentioned above all over these photos and I like the editing style, nice and contrasty without being too HDR style-y.

Your photos give some good inspiration for travels thats for sure, thanks for sharing.

Associate
I love the photos but am not keen on the editing. It works in some but not in others. The washed out overexposed editing on the Gardens by The Bay photo doesn't help show the true beauty of the place.

Soldato
OP
Hey Dan just finished reading your New Zealand write up and once again some amazing shots!

Can I ask what size you upload your photos at?

Also it would be great if you could do more of a technical follow up regarding your work flow, post processing style and lenses / settings etc

I would love to read it and I know many more would too, especially as a guest post on Fuji Rumours maybe... Or maybe just a one year on write up to your 'My switch to the dark side' post!

Only just seen this!

I normally upload two sizes for different uses, either 1280 or 2000 pixels wide.

As for the workflow, not really much to say. I put everything in LR and use my own preset.....that's it really.

Let me now if want to know anything specific :)

Caporegime
Some very well composed photos, but objectively speaking a fair few of them are overexposed and imo could have at least done with the highlights reducing in Lightroom. :).

Soldato
OP
Ok thanks for the opinions.

1 isn't overexposed for me, yes the white parts are, but that's where the light is coming from, difficult to not have that too bright.

Same for the photo of the man lying by the lake. The background is a little bright, but that's not where the attention of the photo is. If I reduced the exposure there, it would look too HDR for me, and I HATE HDR photos.

I had another quick visit there a few weeks ago, and met up with a photographer there. Went rooftopping there too :)

(Sorry if the photos are too big)

Back
Top Bottom