ASUS Rog Swift PG348q or PG279Q

Associate
Hi Guys,

First time posting on this forum and looking for some advice. Im currently trying to decide between the two monitors in the title and wondering what you guys would recommend.

I'm currently waiting for my ASUS strix 1080 to arrive (If it ever will :( ).

Associate
I recently bought a 1080 and the Asus PG348Q and everything I've played looks amazing and have had no issues at all, just I wish some of the games I play supported 21:9 though but can't have everything :)

Soldato
PG348Q for sure. Had mine for past few weeks and a superior gaming experience over my older pg278q (144hz 1440p)

I personally thought id not like the 100hz vs 144hz but honestly I cannot tell much of a difference. Both feel as responsive and both feel extremely similar in terms of smoothness.

However the 16:9 aspect feels very closed in compared to the superwide and it does take away a large immersion aspect of the game.

Having tried both pg278q and pg279q, I would personally say if you can afford the PG348Q then go for it. Far superior expericence and a single 1080 will drive it well.

Associate
I have to say this is exactly what's been on my mind the last 6 months if not longer. Basically I new these 2 monitors were coming along time back and have been trying to decide between the both of them since. I have gone back and forth to each one over the last few months and thought id made my mind up then changed again.
My specs are below, I will add, I have a 980TI at the moment. But will be going up to a 1080TI if and when there available.

BUT I would like to ask about the aspect ratios, how does it handle the different game resolutions/aspect ratios, how does it portray them, what does it do exactly?
Because obviously as someone has already said not everything supports 21:9 And id also especially like to know how it portrays older games that have a max of 1080p, does it put the picture like in the middle of the screen, to the side, stretch it? I've not found much info on this really and would love to know.

I do love the specs of the PG279Q I think its the perfect Monitor, but I love the wider curved screen, thats what I've always wanted in a monitor also.

Associate
The likes of Diablo 3 for instance will stretch it to try fit aspect ratio, Overwatch is in the middle of the screen the largest it supports but apparently I'm sure I read they were planning 21:9 I maybe wrong. I've played BF4 which looks amazing the same for the division etc.

Suppose it depends on the game really it may well support 21:9 etc even if older.

Associate
The likes of Diablo 3 for instance will stretch it to try fit aspect ratio, Overwatch is in the middle of the screen the largest it supports but apparently I'm sure I read they were planning 21:9 I maybe wrong. I've played BF4 which looks amazing the same for the division etc.

Suppose it depends on the game really it may well support 21:9 etc even if older.

ok thx. But for example "Diablo 3" do you get the choice to stretch it or put it in middle? and how does it look stretched?

Associate
Never mind it looks totally fine I forgot to turn the option off that stretches it lol been a while since I bothered playing it :)

Associate
Never mind it looks totally fine I forgot to turn the option off that stretches it lol been a while since I bothered playing it :)

LOL Ok Just being cautious, a lot of money to spend on 1 monitor just want to make sure i made the right choice.
What are the measurements you need to allow for on your desk from left to right and from the back wall to the front of the monitor (keyboard)

Associate
You could get a PG279Q and a secondary monitor and it would still work out cheaper than a PG348Q.

I use a 21.5" 1080P IPS in portrait mode next to my PG279Q. I often use the secondary monitor to stream YouTube or football and display my front door cam while I'm browsing or gaming on the PG279Q.

Associate
You could get a PG279Q and a secondary monitor and it would still work out cheaper than a PG348Q.

I use a 21.5" 1080P IPS in portrait mode next to my PG279Q. I often use the secondary monitor to stream YouTube or football and display my front door cam while I'm browsing or gaming on the PG279Q.

Hmmmm this is so hard to choose between, I know that the PG279Q is the perfect monitor. Im just in love with the size of the PG348Q, if the PG348Q wasn't an ASUS Rog Swift I wouldn't even be considering it.

Associate
Well on my desk it's about 52 cm frim back wall to top of my KB and the monitor itself is about 83cm wide.

Hmmmm The Width is fine but WOW 52cm from back wall, OK does your monitors rear leg go right upto the wall? if not what is the distance from the end of the rear leg to the front closes point a keyboard will fit.

Plus its gonna have to run on a 980ti for now with my system specs bellow.

Associate
From back leg to front leg its about 30cm but my table is 75cm in width so I have it furthest away it can go.

Before that i had it on a desk that was 60cm in width.

Associate
From back leg to front leg its about 30cm but my table is 75cm in width so I have it furthest away it can go.

Before that i had it on a desk that was 60cm in width.

Dont you mean Depth? Or is the left to right the Length, Width is the Depth? i.e. wall to you.

Associate
HI , I have also Asus Strix 1080 and PG348Q and I m using softwares like flawless widescreen or winsplit revolution. to remove those black pillars.

Back
Top Bottom