• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 980 - SLI - Which bridge?

Associate
Hi guys,

Does it matter which SLI bridge i use for my setup i have one that came with my asus mobo its a single bridge , i play in 4k and have both cards heavily overclocked and want maximum bandwith, do i have a bottleneck anywhere?

cheers :)

Man of Honour
With 980s it won't make any difference what SLI bridge you use.

You can use one of the new HB bridges if you want to but it will only be for looks, there is no performance gains to be had.

Associate
They do but only on the Pascal cards.

I went from a EVGA SLI LED bridge which covered one connector on each card for SLI to an nVidia HB SLI bridge covering both connectors on my 980SLI.

I did quite a bit of performance testing between the two and it was almost identical however I noticed in valley I got 1 extra fps higher on avg.(multiple tests) Microstuttering is further removed as well.

Back
Top Bottom