2016 in NASCAR

Soldato
I'll be at Richmond in April. :)

The race was pretty boring till the end.

Also, on a green flag pit stop, I saw a wheel roll from a stall into the pit-lane road and a car had to slow to allow a crewmember to retrieve it. I didn't see anyone get a pass-thru penalty though.

My group got upgraded to a private suite just pas tthe finish line.
I had a good wander around the pit lane before the race. Got close enough to take a couple of pictures of the inside of a car before I got moved on.
I went down to near the finish line during one of the restarts. It's loud! Loud enough to hurt! (I had no hearing protection)

I'll post some pictures when I get home in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Associate
Nascar have since reinstated the old rule that the tires need all 5 Lug Nuts on and tight, for safety. :rolleyes:

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cu...rt-happy-nascar-changed-lug-nut-rule-comments

Picking up the hire car at 7am tomorrow, then a 4 hour drive to Talladega to catch the Nationwide race.

Following the infield concert Saturday night, it's a short drive to Birmingham for our overnight hotel. Then up Sunday to watch the Geico 500 before the 4 hour drive back to Florida.

Can't wait :D

Last edited:
Associate
Apologies for the double post.

But Talladega is amazing!

Had a fantastic weekend, had great seats in the Tri Oval and watched both the Nationwide and Sprint Cup races. The last lap crashes happened right in front of me.

The love for Dale Jr there is unreal, the standing ovation he got throughout the frontstretch grandstand when he came out of the garage after repairs was amazing. Nobody else got that.

The infield party atmosphere was epic on the Saturday night, just pitching up at random peoples RV's, drinking beer and having a laugh.

A great weekend to remember, shattered now after a 5 hour drive back. The heavens opened up about 30 minutes after the race finish to some crazy thunderstorms, it started raining gently on about lap 90, I dunno if the TV guys mentioned it. Thought they were gonna maybe call it/red flag it when the caution came out for one of the wrecks.

Oh and the races were half decent too!

Back
Top Bottom