Sir Jackie Stewart

Soldato
WTF, where does he come from saying saying Lewis should be punished, what 6 of the best!

The stewards gave it as a racing incident, the majority of polls seem to blame Nico, old school drivers like him and Lauda need a rethink.

Nico was having a problem and slowed down Lewis tried to go past as you would, unlike Vettel who slowed behind Perez a couple of races ago and caused a crash. At worst a racing incident at best Nicos fault for not getting out of the way to slower traffic.

I can see upset at Mercedes again and soon. If Nico has resigned I can see Lewis leaving a great loss to F1.
Andi.

Soldato
Actually you do, every employer should have a documented disciplinary process for just this reason.

I think the point he's trying to make is that if it's declared as just racing incident then where's the need to discipline?

They're racing, the most they should get from the team management is "Calm down guys, try not to smash up the cars anymore", then move on to the next race. Let a lone any input from these old-timers.

If it was deemed to be completely reckless behavior and blame pushed easily on one of them, then you could understand some further actions taken.

Soldato
Jesus Christ get a grip man, the man expressed an opinion. Have Mercedes seen fit to punish anyone? No so why are you getting your panties in a bunch.

Soldato
Jackie Stewart made F1 cars safer. Man's a legend and a bloody good racer, I'll go with whatever he says.

He didn't have anything to do with the safety of the cars (short of strapping a spanner to his steering wheel after his 1966 crash at Masta).

Anyway, Jackie Stewart continually raced past a screaming driver burning to death, despite another driver desperately trying to flag down his comrades (the only people with fire-proof overalls) in a futile attempt to save his life. He did a lot for safety, but others did far more, and I'd personally still describe his campaign as 'selective'.

Back
Top Bottom