DELL S2716DG A02 vs A03?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Took delivery of my DELL S2716DG this week from OCUK. Very nice it is to.
Has taken a little while to tweak the settings as it's a bit "bright" out of the box. For all that, otherwise seems spot on with no obvious dead pixels.

Just taken a look around the back and have found that it's an A02, not one of this years A03 models.

Anyone really know the differences and whether I should care?

Man of Honour
I believe the main change is a slight tweak to the coating? but A02 IIRC is where they first implemented the major change so A02 to A03 isn't massive in that regard. May also be some changes to the deep sleep functionality which can be a bit buggy in some cases (I just turn it off any how).

Soldato
I believe the main change is a slight tweak to the coating? but A02 IIRC is where they first implemented the major change so A02 to A03 isn't massive in that regard. May also be some changes to the deep sleep functionality which can be a bit buggy in some cases (I just turn it off any how).

Having tested both A02 and A03 I can confirm the screen surface is exactly the same. Possibly right about Deep Sleep, but I too turn it off and have no issues. There were no advantages I could see of A03 over A02 even with quite careful testing.

Back
Top Bottom