X99 Strix manual boot only or blackness

Associate
hey guys, sorry its mr noob again

so on my new build i decided to go for a x99 strix mobo

All cool and built but since i built this system 3 days ago hitting the power button the PC always goes to a black screen,

it gives a single beep saying all is cool but unfortunately all i get is a black screen

looking on the bios I see that I have selected my SSD as boot drive one but it states its P2

P1 is my blu ray drive

The only way i can boot into windows is if i manually click on the ssd with windows installed, then within seconds it boots in and its ok

so im thinking is'nt the ssd with windows suppose to be P1 ?

i have 4 mechanical drives connected too, I have randomly connected the sata cables to random sata ports, if i disconnect all the drives apart from the ssd then it boots in ssd windows fine

I know its a setting issue as a manual boot in to the ssd is fine and ive been doing this for the past 3 days now

also going to advance bios mode shows ssd as boot drive priority 1but this listed as p2,

any thoughts?

Associate
OP
just disconnected my blu ray and disabled every drive in the bios boot menu apart from the ssd, and changed the ssd sata cable to another port, still black screen, so had to select the ssd manually in the bios to boot into windows.

Back
Top Bottom