Unresponsive power button on Phantex Enthoo Luxe case

Soldato
It is taking 5-6 presses on the power button on my Phantex Enthoo Luxe case the last few times I have tried to boot up from a complete shut down. Is this a common problem? Has this happened to anyone else and is the switch easily replaced?

Soldato
OP
No, can't say I do. I haven't opened the case to have an actual look at the switch yet. I've been powering down in to sleep mode as I'm terrified one day it won't switch on at all. Is there a way of bypassing the switch to turn the PC on if it does fail completely?

RJC

RJC

Don
I have issue with my Phanteks Enthoo when my pc is in sleep mode wont start using a button press on keyboard, mouse or case power button, I have to remove the power for approx 2 seconds and the pc will spring into life were I left off.

If it is your case button you need something to short the pins on the motherboard where the case button connects to.

Associate
reseat the cables for the power button and check both ends for damage first..

had a quick look at the motherboard in your sig and i dont think it has one but some motherboard have a power button on the board itself.. check yours for that

i wouldnt suggest shorting the pins on the motherboard, not worth risking the board or any connected components for the sake of a button imo

Soldato
does you motherboard have a power button, most high end ones do, so you can test on partial build.? you could always email phanteks, they might be able to send you the parts to ref-fit

oops sorryy just read post above

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Have to say Phanteks customer service is top notch. They already sent me a replace window panel a few months back when mine was scratched with no qualms and they are now sending me a replacement switch. Again one email was all it took - great service.

I'm not sure how big a job it's going to be to replace the switch though as I still haven't completely shut down my PC to have a look. On reflection, I may have caused the problem myself as you have to pop the front of the case off to clean the front dust filter - when you remove the front panel you are still tethered by some wires which are coming from the power switch area - I may have disturbed one of the cables but at least I'll have a spare switch of the switch is indeed faulty...

Associate
glad you got this fixed, also good to know about the replacements from phanteks incase i ever have a fault with my case

Back
Top Bottom