Which Freesync 1440p 144hz Monitor

Soldato
Looking at new monitors, been looking a while, i was tempted to try a 4K panel but ive decied for now to go with a 1440p 144hz Freesync screen.

So i think the choices are pretty much the following

Acer Predator XF270HU read the horror stories with Acer support but the screen is cheap, probably a good reason for that?
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/acer...descreen-led-monitor-black-red-mo-095-ac.html

Asus MG278Q TN panel
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...escreen-led-slim-bezel-monitor-mo-087-as.html

Asus MG279Q IPS Panel
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...escreen-led-slim-bezel-monitor-mo-083-as.html

Benq XL2730Z - Lots of positive reviews of this it seems
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/benq...descreen-led-monitor-black-red-mo-113-bq.html

So those are my choices, are there anymore coming i am not aware of other than the AOC one? I read that ones pricey and will use the same panel as some of the above?

Right now im tempted to buy the Acer one as its the cheapest of the bunch, i have 2 Dell U2415 IPS Screens at work that i use, both are IPS and i must admit i much prefer their vibrance over the TN panel i have at home.

I am currently using an R9 290 Tri-X but will probably swap this for a pair of 480s shortly and then trade them in for big Vega when it lands, so im definitely going with Freesync.

Would love to hear peoples opinions.

Soldato
First up is what sort of customer service are you expecting with those monitors. Buying a monitor from OcUK is not like buying from Dell.

Soldato
OP
as long as its got no dead pixels in the center of the screen, im not overly fussed about IPS glow either, and as long as it lasts for 3 years or its manufacturers warranty im not fussed to be honest.

I just want to plug it in and it work and thats it really

Soldato
Associate
If that's using the same panel we've seen in the likes of the XB271HU, PG279Q etc. then it really won't offer anything that isn't already available... i.e a poor monitor with one of the worst IPS panels ever made.

If they are using a panel from AUOptronics, then hopefully they'll have sorted out the QC issues that plagued Acer & Asus. Fingers crossed.

Associate
First up is what sort of customer service are you expecting with those monitors. Buying a monitor from OcUK is not like buying from Dell.

lol, its funny how ya'll in the first worlds of UK and US deal with Asus/Acer etc directly rather than the stores you buy from..

Associate
Well
I wrote a review about the Predator XF270HU 27
I was in a bit of a hurry and it was not the entire product description

HEARE THIS
Freesink range is 30FPS to 145FPS for me
The pannel will display 40-145FPS
But between 30-40FPS it will doubble the frames displayed
Making gaming at 33FPS posible by displaying 66FPS on the screen
It makes me sick playing at lower then 40FPS as a general note
This screen was playable at 33FPS
The moment it dips under 30 it is all over i lose my coordination in the game