• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Only getting half performance from Fury X

Soldato
All of a sudden I seem to be only getting about 55% performance from my Fury X card. I noticed when benchmarking Deus Ex Mankind that I was only getting 31FPS on the LOWEST settings!

I then tried the benchmark on ROTR where I normally get around 50 FPS - this time only 27FPS.

I then tried the Firestrike benchmark which previously gave me a score of over 13000 which was better than over 90% of results. Now I'm only getting a score of 8125 and better than 53% of results.

I haven't been changing any components. The card has not been overclocked and I haven't made any tweaks to the settings in Reddit. I'm assuming there is a fault with the card and intend to talk to OCUK tech guys but can anyone think of any other reason why I would suddenly start to lose this kind of performance aside from a fault with the card. Is there anything else I can try?

Last edited:
Associate
do you have msi afterburner?

check your gpu/cpu useage and gpu clock speeds while running a benchmark see if anything is amiss.

do you run win 10?..i hear the anniversary update has messed up some fps.

Soldato
OP
Thanks again for the suggestions guys. When I went into the driver settings the GPU clock was set at -47%. I reset the settings and rebooted, ran the ROTR benchmark again - same 27FPS. Went back into the driver settings and the GPU clock was set at -47% again so resetting to that every time the system started up. So then checked MSI Afterburner and I somehow saved a profile with the GPU clock set to minimum and set to be applied on start up! I must have thought I was putting it back to normal when I was messing around with overclocking a while back.

Problem now solved, back to 50FPS on ROTR and getting 45 FPS on High setting plus a few extras on Mankind Divided. Happy and relieved. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom