New case needed

Associate
Hi,

My main use for my PC is video encoding so would prefer a case with decent airflow. Currently use a Corsiar 650d so only 1 intake fan at the front.

I don't need any space for hard drives or optical drives as only have 2x SSD currently installed.

I was looking at the Corsair 540 but have read that the case itself is flimsy/cheap.

Any recommendations?

Soldato
Soldato
This for the system in the sig I assume?

I haven't seen an Air 540 myself, but from most people to be honest I have only heard praise as it seems to be an excellent case. If you like the 540 I'd go for it, perhaps better if an owner can give some advice/insight?

Associate
OP
This for the system in the sig I assume?

I haven't seen an Air 540 myself, but from most people to be honest I have only heard praise as it seems to be an excellent case. If you like the 540 I'd go for it, perhaps better if an owner can give some advice/insight?

yeah for the system in my sig.

Associate
OP
Depends on your budget, but as you say the 540 is a bit tacky looking.

my budget probably £150-200. I don't mind the look of the case but read that the structure of the case isn't very strong. Plus read most of the case is plastic.

Will go searching for the 540 owners thread.

Associate
How big a case are you after?

I found that I had awesome airflow with my Phanteks Enthoo Luxe and used the following fan set up when it was used:

2 x 140mm noctuas on the front (intake)
2 x 120mm nocutas on the bottom front (intake)
Pred 360 on the top (exhaust)
1 x 140mm on the back (exhaust)

Temps were better than my change to the Glass Evolv, but I always knew this would be the case (no pun intended)!

Back
Top Bottom