FinalMouse releases ambidextrous mice/mouse!

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I sometimes go on Overclock.net forums... I recently came across this POST and by doing some googling I've found this twitter feed...

83c32512cf7bee1e7a7eb46c358fc823.png

It'll most likely use omron switches and 3310 sensor, shame its not the 3366. The other thing is how lightweight finalmouse 2015 is, so I would imagine that this one will probably be around the 74 grams (without cable) taht the FM2015 weights, if not less! :D

The price will probably be around £50-60.

Upsss, forgot to add a link to their website. :p www.finalmouse.com

P.s. I'm looking at replacing my G400, as it has developed a double click, so hopefully we won't have to wait till next year. I can't wait for it! :)

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
It looks like it's carved from fudge.

That's a prototype teaser made to show the shape of the mouse, they're still developing the mouse. There use to be a guy on Overclock who worked in Finalmouse development and has been really active. But he hasn't posted anything in couple months, so I'm guessing, he quit the job possibly? :confused:

Soldato
That's the scuttlebutt.

Hope it comes good. The original FM isn't all that impressive at first glance (that's my main driver). The build quality isn't what you'd expect from a £50 mouse, It's using a OEM shell (and it shows), but I like the rest a lot (except that goddamn superbright LED that will never turn off).

Quite similar to Zowies in design, with different ergonomics, and a smidge lighter than most. If they can sort out their QA, keep it simple (no braided cable, no lights), and make it as raw and light as possible, I'll still be interested.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
You tried some lubricants for the double click? Can't remember what to use, but could be a simple fix.

Fixed it, bent the plastic a little and it works. I really need a new mouse tho... this is the 2nd time I fixed this mouse.

db0e34f699827a41b7f07e689bb4b7cb.png

Come on finalmouse, make it happen before I go and buy the ZA11 :p

Last edited:
Associate
Fixed it, bent the plastic a little and it works. I really need a new mouse tho... this is the 2nd time I fixed this mouse.

Come on finalmouse, make it happen before I go and buy the ZA11 :p

Get both! :o

I'm looking forward to their ambi most as well. But only for the weight. Their QC is not the best though but dem weightz is too tempting. I use a fairly low sens so the lower the better.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Same here, I returned g303. Too small for my hands, the sensor was better compared to 3090 and FK1's 3310. But the shape had sharp edges sticking out, outside which really annoyed me.

My G400 should make it till FM Ambi comesout, its not a mouse for people who want bling. Its for people who want performance, if I could buy amouse with MLT04 sensor, 500hz, braided cable, weight less than 75 grams and ambi shape. I would even pay 100 quid for it, 0.00000000001% chancea it'll happen though.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah the G303 is insane shape wise. You can get by with it but its form over function. Logi just wanted that spaceship look at the expense of Ergonomic....the things like a NES pad LOL. Sensor and clicks were dreamy though

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
It's a mice, you don't look at it... you use it! My hands are big, most mice dissepear under my hand. :p

Edit Next mouse I'm ordering is the G100S, apparently without the metal insert inside is around 68g? :p

Last edited:
Associate
P.s. I'm looking at replacing my G400, as it has developed a double click, so hopefully we won't have to wait till next year. I can't wait for it! :)

If it's the micro switch you can probably just replace that. My G700 left click went all screwed, wouldn't click very well anymore, maybe double clicking or just not holding down very well I can't quite remember. I tried bending the spring inside the micro switch first but I made a mess of that. I didn't even replace the whole switch either, just the springy part and top.

Worked for another 2 months... Then I dropped it and it somehow totally busted the scroll wheel, the spring mysteriously disappeared. :(

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I just bent the spring back a little and it works like new, waiting for g100s which should arrive tomorrow. It'll be a cheap backup as currently g400 is my only mice.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Got the G100S and before even plugin it in, I removed the weight. The G400 feels like a tank compared to this mouse! I love the shape, it is on the smaller size, but my hand is not cramped so that's a plus! :D

00a67d8d10abe9044e68f24ee22acd17.png

Associate
It's a mice, you don't look at it... you use it! My hands are big, most mice dissepear under my hand. :p

Edit Next mouse I'm ordering is the G100S, apparently without the metal insert inside is around 68g? :p

Yeah its nuts. I like light mice but its too light at that weight. Its hard to describe but it almost wobbles at that weight. I like the G100s sadly its unusable for me at my sens of 60cm/360. I can tone down my turn speed to get by with it but when I do those instant 180s the sensor just stops.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Yeah its nuts. I like light mice but its too light at that weight. Its hard to describe but it almost wobbles at that weight. I like the G100s sadly its unusable for me at my sens of 60cm/360. I can tone down my turn speed to get by with it but when I do those instant 180s the sensor just stops.

So you're using the same sens as me than, I'm 61cm/360. :p But I haven't yet reached the speed of when the sensor stops working, the only annoying thing in this mouse is the standard dpi levels without drivers, 1000 1750 and 2600? or something like that. I use 1000 and 0.68 in-game, as drivers make the feel sluggish and not as responsive. But I would love to have the 500dpi option, another thing is the side buttons. The shape looks really close to nionix aurora. But its like with FM15, the QC is rubbish...

I'll still buy the FM Ambi, I've a bad feeling it'll be rubbish from reading overclock.net forums...

Edit I use to play on 87cm/360 :p But, I sometimes entry frag and that sense was just too low...

Last edited:
Associate
So you're using the same sens as me than, I'm 61cm/360. :p But I haven't yet reached the speed of when the sensor stops working, the only annoying thing in this mouse is the standard dpi levels without drivers, 1000 1750 and 2600? or something like that. I use 1000 and 0.68 in-game, as drivers make the feel sluggish and not as responsive. But I would love to have the 500dpi option, another thing is the side buttons. The shape looks really close to nionix aurora. But its like with FM15, the QC is rubbish...

I'll still buy the FM Ambi, I've a bad feeling it'll be rubbish from reading overclock.net forums...

Edit I use to play on 87cm/360 :p But, I sometimes entry frag and that sense was just too low...

Yeah I played on 80cm/360 as well but switched for the same reason. I settled a while back on 60cm though as I don't just play CS and I can use 60cm even in faster games. Plus for measuring its simply two swipes of a ruler and that appeals to my OCD big time! :D

I think the Ambi will be a step up quality wise. FM came from nothing and are currently constantly selling out with their ergo mouse. With this new one being their own shell its gotta be better....at least I hope. I think if they drop the ball quality wise with the next mouse people won't be so forgiving a second time.

I also want to try the new zowie mice. Now they teamed up with Benq they've gone for Omron switches in their mice.

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
I wonder what the click delay is like on the BenQ zowie mice, I hope it better. The first FK1 had terrible click delay, than the newer FK and ZA was improved by a tiny bit.

I like the G100S, tempted to put the weight back in, as after couple min of using the mice you forget you've something in your hand. It's also a bit on the smaller size, I've to use a hybrid of claw-palm grip. I'll wait for a detail review on overclock.net either by Ino. or other reviewers. The same goes for the new FM ambi, which will most likely be out next year, I don't belive FM that it'll out this year during xmas period.

p.s. the new zowie mice have a stealthy look, I like that.

Back
Top Bottom