suck at multiplayer-any advice?

Associate
Just started playing Star Wars battlefront and Titanfall. I an totally rubbish at them.

For example an average game I will die 10 times before I get a single kill. Even if I shot first in I still get killed.

Any suggestions on how to improve or should I just give up?

Last edited:
Soldato
Giving up wont make you better. Keep playing.

Try looking on you tube videos for tips i.e. easiest guns to use, loadout suggestions, which places in maps to go/avoid.

Titanfall had a good horde mode that might be a good place to get used to the mechanics and maps assuming its still populated.

Soldato
If you're shooting first and dying first then it's down to accuracy, aim for the head :)

Of course that's easier to say than do, when you're running try to keep the crosshair at least body or head height, a lot of people tend to look down at the floor without realising when moving.

If you're getting used to multiplayer FPS games then play a little for defence instead of running into the enemy spawn. A lot is getting used to the maps also, for instance if you have just started playing titanfall the chances are you're playing against people who have been playing it for ages.

You may find that using Kontrolfreeks will help with accuracy, I can't play without them.

Associate
plug in controller, don't use wireless.
plug console into router with ethernet cable, don't use wireless.
use a PC monitor with low input lag, rather than HDTV which may have input lag issues.

everything else is practice :)

Soldato
Theirs a few things you can do. depends what you play on.

remove or disable Rumble, it can throw your aim off.
Play about with sensitivity in each game, you might do better with slower or higher sensitivity.
Usually in firefights in multiplying, don't look at your health...ignore it, just centre on the one target in front of you. People get caught up in a three way firefight thinking they can take both people out.

Don't worry about Battlefront, its pure luck if you win in a blaster fight.

Soldato
Just keep playing you will get better, I found using 3rd person mope helps in star wars and make sure you look at the radar.

Associate
Learn the weapons, learn the maps and practice, practice, practice. Get on twitch as well and watch some of the better streamers, very quick and easy way to pickup tips and get an idea of what you can to to improve.

maj

maj

Soldato
Something to bare in mind that with the likes of Battlefront is you have players who've had the game since release day who'll be a lot higher level then you so they'll have better weapons, which makes a big difference. They'll also have put a lot of hours into playing the game to practice. It isn't fun for newcomers but you'll get there. Try to stick with someone or a group of people for help.

Battlefront in particular has different games modes you can try. You might find they are more fun and easier to play and you'll soon level up as a result.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Dunno what your level of experience is but one of the problems with battlefront - you have no real control over the level of players you encounter - if you've got a few months of multiplayer FPS gaming experience and run into someone like myself who has 20 odds years of experience mentally we are so far ahead you stand little chance even if you've better aim/reactions and it'll take a fair amount of playing to be competitive against that (you won't necessarily need say 20 years to catch up as everyone improves at their own rate, etc. and you can become atleast competitive with a lot less experience).

As maj said best thing you can do really is find a game mode/style that is fun for you and keep playing so you improve.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
At the end of the round take note of the 2 top players on your side. For the next few rounds follow one of them staying a few paces back so as not to get in his way. Take note of how he plays & uses cover & moves about the map & what weapons he prefers. You'll learn untold this way & you won't die nowhere near as many times as when alone. Bonus being easy kills from the enemy he has already wounded.
Do Not Block door ways/Access points though & don't crowd him & Lastly stick to just 1 game. Once you've got to grips with 1 game then start on the 2nd game you want to play well.
I've been playing for Donkeys years but I still use the above method to get to know a new game/Maps. Quickest way to learn & you won't slaughter your K/D ratio. :cool:

Soldato
Dunno what your level of experience is but one of the problems with battlefront - you have no real control over the level of players you encounter - if you've got a few months of multiplayer FPS gaming experience and run into someone like myself who has 20 odds years of experience mentally we are so far ahead you stand little chance even if you've better aim/reactions and it'll take a fair amount of playing to be competitive against that (you won't necessarily need say 20 years to catch up as everyone improves at their own rate, etc. and you can become atleast competitive with a lot less experience).

As maj said best thing you can do really is find a game mode/style that is fun for you and keep playing so you improve.

Some times age can make you worse :D.

I used to have quick reactions during the CoD MW days, nearly 10 years later I feel like my reaction times aren't what they used to be. I still pwn most games, but I have to think of better tactics to use.

In response to the OP, it's all down to practice. Keep at it and eventually you'll get the hang of it. Try to have fun whilst you're learning. Maybe try playing a couple of other FPS games to keep things interesting.

If you really cannot get on with the FPS genre maybe try something else you'd enjoy?

Back
Top Bottom