The be quiet! MEGA competition!

OcUK Staff
I've been speaking with the lovely Kat at be quiet! and we've come up with a competition for you guys! We are working together to give you TWENTY of their brand new Pure Power 9 power supplies!

10x Pure Power 9 600W 80 Plus Silver Modular Power Supply

10x Pure Power 9 500W 80 Plus Silver Modular Power Supply

So what do you have to do? Just don’t be quiet!

Tell us why you want the PSU, agree to write a short review on our shop, and the PSU is all yours!

Let us know why we should pick you as reviewer and 20 reviewers will be chosen – last day to enter is 20/05/16.

Here are some great points on why be quiet! PSUs are so awesome!

- 500 or 600 Watts of continuous power and two 12V-rails ensure rock-solid voltage stability for powerful multi-GPU systems
- 80PLUS® Silver certification and up to 91% power conversion efficiency
- Exceptionally quiet operation achieved through an array of careful optimizations, including use of a silence-optimized 120mm be quiet! fan
- Stable operation in its class thanks to Active Clamp + SR power conversion technology
- Modular cable management with high-quality flat cables for PCIe connectors and drives
- Product conception, design and quality control in Germany

See the full be quiet! range here.

The competition is open to Europe only.

Soldato
Tell us why you want the PSU

so I can sell it on ebay after writing the review, bagging £50 profit

agree to write a short review on our shop

done

Let us know why we should pick you as reviewer

I'll trawl the internet looking at psu review sites, copying various parts from each so it doesn't look suspicious yet professional. I'll ensure the review is favourable

Don
Agree to write a short review on our shop, and the PSU is all yours!

I will do!

Let us know why we should pick you as reviewer and 20 reviewers will be chosen

Cause I write REALLY good reviews... just not available to the public :D... honestly

looking for a quiet PSU for my NAS that will be running 24/7/365, so will be a good test against what I have at the moment...

Stelly

Associate

No problem-o. I can almost.. positively.. guarantee that this WILL happen

I'm not going to be the best, in fact not even top 10, but at least 17th or 18th best review out of the 20 chosen. I can almost.. positively.. guarantee that this WILL happen

Well I have a very misbehaving XFX PSU currently. Is that enough of a reason to want the Pure Power 9 600W PSU?

Last edited:
Soldato
Tell us why you want the PSU, agree to write a short review on our shop, and the PSU is all yours!

Yes I will write a review. Yes I would like to have one of these PSU's 500w or 600w for a new build (Zen) I am anticipating.

Let us know why we should pick you as reviewer and 20 reviewers will be chosen – last day to enter is 20/05/16.

Because I am literate, an engineer, and have had a long history of building computers (>20 years). I have a selection of test equipment to hand and can compare results against a Seasonic x650 80plus gold.

Last edited:
Soldato
I want the whole world to know if their PSUs live up to their name and I've never won an OCUK competition since being here in 2004.

Agree to write a short review on our shop
Roger that, however, I'll go the extra mile and write a long review.

My English language skills are second to none but you'll have to be the judge of that once I'm chosen. ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
I want the psu as I currently have an old Coolermaster gx650w on its last legs and have no money to replace it :( I'd like to see how nice these psu's are in the flesh :) I've also never had a modular psu so being able to only use the cables I require is a huge deal :)

Of course I'll write a review :)

Pick me as a reviewer as I'll give an honest opinion and will compare the benefits of the newly installed modular model over my current non modular.

Asa

Asa

Associate
I find not having a PSU drastically limits the computing potential of any PC.

I can do that. It is just one of the many functions of a PC that would be enabled by this PSU.

If a PC has no PSU then it can only be used as a tool for physical violence. Capiche?

Last edited:
Associate
Because I want/need one and don't want to pay for it.

No problem.

Sausage.

Associate
Currently im using corsair rm650 and its about 3 years old now and started making wee buzz sound.

Will Do, with some decent pictures

Im not gonna lie that im the best reviewer in the world. But im true to my wordand i wont let you guys down.
P.s. I got 10 virgin cs go players tied up in my basement listening to nyan cat on repeat, watching recoding of me playing cs go with ps4 controller.
Save virgins..gimme psu!

Don

Because both of my current PCs have either much older (Corsair modular from ~2008) or poorer quality PSUs (Corsair builder series), and I would appreciate a quality unit from be quiet!

Happy to do that, and can even take some photos if required

Because I believe I can offer an impartial, honest review of the product.

Soldato

The media PC in the living/bedroom has a Corsair with a rattly fan.
This would be a perfect place for a be-quiet! PSU as it will be used in a noise sensitive space.

Of course - I do review a few things on Amazon / If I have stayed somewhere nice / A particularly good bit of kit.

It would make my life better (quieter PC, better for Music / Films / sleeping!) and it will be well utilised.
Also will do some proper testing with it / it is a reasonably beefy PC which can test it.

Associate
Tell us why you want the PSU.

Mum needs a PC upgrade, she is currently running a micro PC from a southern competitor. :eek:

Agree to write a short review on our shop.

Of course, I usually do.

Let us know why we should pick you as reviewer.

Honesty and a B GCSE in English ? :p

Associate

I'm planning on building a PC for my nephew specifically for gaming with a £700-£800 budget, so either of the Pure Power 9 PSUs would fit perfectly given the power requirements and budget.

No problem at all, I'd be happy to.

I wouldn't go into detail in terms of dB levels or efficiency, but I don't think that level of detail is required for a short review and professional review sites should have that covered. I've installed and used many PSUs since I started tinkering with and building PCs for friends and family, so I'm very familiar with the more practical concerns that buyers would have such as size and ease of installation, comparable noise, cable length, standard cables supplied, connector types etc. I've also been working on ensuring my personal setup is as quiet as possible while still maintaining a decent amount of performance, so I'd be very interested to see how quiet the silence-optimised fan is compared to my current PSU (Super Flower 1000W Platinum).

Associate
Tell us why you want the PSU:

I would love one of these PSU's as my daughter (9) has decided she has had enough of watching me gaming and now wants to join in and show me how it should be done, so, its time for her first computer.
Funds are kind of limited at the moment though so the more components I can beg borrow or steal the easier this will be and a kick ass PSU from be quiet would ensure the heart of her system is perfect.

I will not only write a review (I can't promise it will be short though) but I will add photos and I'm pretty sure my daughter can do a few pictures as well as long as you don't mind crayons or felt tip pens :).

I'm not going to kiss ass here, I can't give you a reason why I should be chosen.
All I can offer is an honest, informative and accurate review of the PSU. Take a risk, you wont regret it :)

Associate
I'd actually like to win the PSU for a friend. I helped upgrade an old school friend from a socket 478 P4 to a Skylake i3 but because they were on a very tight budget, had to sacrifice on a cheap PSU.. A good quality one would make a nice gift.

Soldato

I love to write reviews :)

I have bought many PSU's over the years so I know what to look for in a good unit. Therefore, the review will be from someone with experience. :)

I want to use the PSU for a CUDA-programming rig :cool:

Underboss
I have written a couple of reviews which have been well received on the forum. I've not done a PSU before so the concept of reviewing it beside "yes it powers on...and off" appeals to me.

I have recently built my son a computer with my ageing Corsair CX600M PSU. I haven't got the heart to tell him that the near constant Kernel 41 errors he has mid way through his Minecraft session are due to said ageing Corsair CX600M. I think he would rather enjoy being able to finish at least 1 full game without a hard shut down.

Also I like free stuff and seeing as my last 5 orders from OcUK contained 0 (zero, nill, nada, neit) packets of Harribo I feel that you owe me something.

Associate

Deal

My gaming PC's PSU failed a while ago (not a bequiet!), and I replaced it with something that is pretty mediocre. I've got a new case, so I need to reassemble shortly and would love to replace it with a silent, reliable PSU.

I'm going to be replacing a passable PSU so will be looking to see what my immediate impressions are of the change - my main hopes are that it will be less noisy and give a cleaner overall result with the modular arrangement. I can't provide accurate dB ratings and test ripple, admittedly, but I'm confident that I can pick out some key, interesting things about the PSU and communicate them in a clear and concise way. I can also supply sound-related puns if required.

Soldato

Doesn't everyone know why? What other Brand is there?

A review would be a pleasure to write.

Because with the power of BeQuiet, with their efficiency, their top notch gear, reviewing would be so natural and rewarding. Actually owning a BeQuiet at the moment and knowing how awesome they really are i can surely write up a very powerful review!

Back
Top Bottom