******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Associate
Friendly fire is def a problem, people should have to report a criminal act IMHO, ships sensors could obviously be used as evidence but that information should also be part of information running.

Missed opportunity, auto-flagging as criminal may well be temporary though seeing as it's a test PU.

Yeah, its entirely at the mercy of where development is at.
It needs multiple mechanics in place before just that side of things is closer to foolproof.
- If a criminal dies they'd want to stay as a criminal, not pay a fine and be a citizen again.
- If citizen hits a friendly, they shouldnt be auto-flagged as a criminal, maybe a fine, then a minor warrant for their arrest, and finally as a criminal if continued.
- Then we need police and/or bounty hunting to address the suspects & criminals, and you're treated differently based on your wanted status.
- Then we can have terminals where we can hack the system and wipe our fines, criminal status etc, and those be dangerous places.

Without stuff like that, smaller tweaks are just going to create pointless loopholes, where criminals can wipe too easily, and without it somewhat innocent players are stuck needing to visit the PvP flagged as criminals, and dealt with by 'defenders'. Its not a bad system, its just slightly flawed and i can see why some might get frustrated at being shot at around Kareah because ive been in the situation myself, and been a jerk to try and get out of it.

I think the exciting thing is that systems like the above will come in, and it'll make things more interesting and exciting on both sides, and thats just a tiny slither of the game.

Soldato
Yeah, its entirely at the mercy of where development is at.
It needs multiple mechanics in place before just that side of things is closer to foolproof.
- If a criminal dies they'd want to stay as a criminal, not pay a fine and be a citizen again.
- If citizen hits a friendly, they shouldnt be auto-flagged as a criminal, maybe a fine, then a minor warrant for their arrest, and finally as a criminal if continued.
- Then we need police and/or bounty hunting to address the suspects & criminals, and you're treated differently based on your wanted status.
- Then we can have terminals where we can hack the system and wipe our fines, criminal status etc, and those be dangerous places.

Without stuff like that, smaller tweaks are just going to create pointless loopholes, where criminals can wipe too easily, and without it somewhat innocent players are stuck needing to visit the PvP flagged as criminals, and dealt with by 'defenders'. Its not a bad system, its just slightly flawed and i can see why some might get frustrated at being shot at around Kareah because ive been in the situation myself, and been a jerk to try and get out of it.

I think the exciting thing is that systems like the above will come in, and it'll make things more interesting and exciting on both sides, and thats just a tiny slither of the game.

You make some good points, post them in the ideas section on RSI.

At the moment the only ideas people seem to post are HEAVILY restrictive due to there risk averse nature.

Associate
Thanks, though im sure all that and far far more is already planned on to bother mentioning it to them, it was more a case of highlighting that while what we have no isnt without flaws, really you're not going to improve upon it without without building upon it quite a bit.
If you create a new PvP focused area to move that elsewhere, then wiping at Kareah becomes empty. Kareah needs to be risky, its just that its easy to be flagged as a criminal even if that was never your intention, and at that point you've got to head into the hornets nest to clean that now that persistence remembers this.
In my instance, I was flying a Starfarer with a mate, trying to locate GrimHex, never saw anyone, and I crashed us just as i was fairly sure i could see the location, yet somehow i woke in GH, my mate in PO. My only crime was killing an innocent crewmate. Without additional mechanics, we just have to accept its flaws, and really not get annoyed that people are entering into combat where the game intends them to do, when we enter those areas wanting to avoid combat.

Soldato
Halfmad/Humbug you can travel with the P52 in the Starfarer you just need to get it to register the deck as solid. This means sitting there for a moment lol, I think maybe because we was doing it on the other server it was bugged.

We should try it on the PU today lol and take it to Kareah, I've seen others do it now.

Caporegime
Right, you're all ####### now that i bought myself an Aurora ES.

Don't #### with me, you will regret it :p

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom