Civilization VI

Soldato
I'm the same, I can't seem to train Archaeologists either!

Build the archeological museum in the theatre district and research the civic they unlocks them, then you can build them in the city with the museum.

Strangely I'm finding partial tundra isn't that bad for cities, as you can just use those tiles for all your districts which means the lack of yield is irrelevant.

Associate
Got a message saying that Norway were close to winning on a Cultural Victory, with only 1 civilization left for them to be influential over.

Norway were the least cultured civilization out of the 8, and influential over nobody.

:confused:

Soldato
I just captured the Greek capital, they still had 1 very weak city left but it said they had been defeated. Do you just have to capture capitals now?

Also, I've been able to promote units no problem till now. Since I defeated the Greeks, I've had 2 units I can't upgrade, even with movement actions left or at the beginning of a new turn the option is missing. Full XP and I get the promote message but the option is just not there :(

Last edited:
Soldato
I just captured the Greek capital, they still had 1 very weak city left but it said they had been defeated. Do you just have to capture capitals now?

Also, I've been able to promote units no problem till now. Since I defeated the Greeks, I've had 2 units I can't upgrade, even with movement actions left or at the beginning of a new turn the option is missing. Full XP and I get the promote message but the option is just not there :(

Normally no, at least with default setting, if there are other players left, it will move their capital to the next city usually. But if they are the only civilization left or the only one you started with, then capturing their capital will result in a domination victory.

Soldato

Sure it was the same in V, you just had to control all original capitals. A domination victory would be far to tedious otherwise.

Soldato
Sure it was the same in V, you just had to control all original capitals. A domination victory would be far to tedious otherwise.

Hmm I'm not sure... I just finished a playthrough of Civ 5 yesterday and Russia had their capital taken but they were still in the game. Might be one of the advanced settings, not sure.

Soldato
Hmm I'm not sure... I just finished a playthrough of Civ 5 yesterday and Russia had their capital taken but they were still in the game. Might be one of the advanced settings, not sure.

Were there still other nations on the map in play? If so then that would be why.

With normal settings for a domination victory you need to hold all the capitals at the same time. If there are other nations still in play and you do not have there capitals, then capturing Moscow for Russia would not have meant Russia auto-losses.

Soldato

Yep they would still be in the game, one of their other cities becomes the capital. I'm not saying they disappear from the game, but that to win domination you have to hold all the 'original' capital cities.

Soldato
Yep they would still be in the game, one of their other cities becomes the capital. I'm not saying they disappear from the game, but that to win domination you have to hold all the 'original' capital cities.

Ahhh right gotcha :) Then yeah that's how it was on Civ 5 :)

Back
Top Bottom