Dustmen/women...earliest legal start time

Associate
Dustmen seem to be like Santa Claus, everywhere at once in the early morning, although taking away rather than delivering. Anyone got an afternoon collection? Usually about 7am here.

Ours gets picked up at 8:30pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. By a big truck that sounds like this:

(That distortion is mostly from how insanely loud it is.)

...tbh I'd rather be woken up once a week :p

Caporegime
No law and recylcing tend to be earlier than normal bins. Most councils have their normal bin collection start at 7am, recyling starts earlier at 5am.

OP is just unlucky.

Caporegime
How is it it trolling? The law says you can't operate heavy machinery in a residential area before 7am, why are binmen any different?

I think Bin men cant which is why councils dont have them start before 7am. Recyling small trucks (or they are round here) arent heavy machiney and they start at 5am.

Unfortunately, the recyling make way more noise with their glass collection than the main bin wagon does.

Soldato
Point proven...you just wouldnt like it yourself!!

Youre basically saying suck it up...so whats your number fella...lets see how well you suck it up!!!!!

My point was...is it actually legal? Is there a guideline...and yes it is a pee take...5am...is a stupid time...1 job shouldnt dictate a neighbourhood and when they get woken up! Think about it logically more than behind your keyboard and nonsensically....

Back for more :)

Yeah, suck it up, and you wanting my number argument is not an argument at all, it is a totally different situation.

So, are you a bum?

Great post

Is op a bum? dah dah dahhhh :)

This, GD must know.

Last edited:
Soldato
those bloody milkmen and their clanking of bottles at 3.30am, along with the binmen, all living generations of their family's should be exterminated for their behavior.

(not a serious post) but this is how some replies sound to me, over some dedicated guys doing their jobs, I dont care what time they come,

I always pull my bags out for them in the morning, and give them a crate of lager at xmas/new year.

I have a cracking bunch of guys doing mine.

Soldato
My council say to have your bin out by 7am so they don't collect before then.

They only work 4 days a week. Sounds like your bin men probably only work 3 days.

Soldato
My council say to have your bin out by 7am so they don't collect before then.

They only work 4 days a week. Sounds like your bin men probably only work 3 days.

Could work less days to avoid causing major disruptions.

My bins are collected early and thank god they are, dont like being stuck behind them on collection day but i would like to be them even less.

Associate
The thing I hate is that the bins from the flats across the road are emptied on a different day.

So every Tuesday without fail my wife shakes me until I'm awake, shouting in a panic that I've forgotten to take the bins out until I'm awake enough to remind her that our collection is on Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom