Brexit thread - what happens next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
"The trilateral meeting came as the European commission’s president, Jean-Claude Juncker, claimed at a forum in Austria that national borders were “the worst invention ever made by politicians,” prompting Theresa May’s spokeswoman to respond that the claim was “not something the prime minister would agree with”.
Maybe get rid of the fences and security from EUHQ as he's not keen on barriers.

Yeah how many 'refugees' are living in his gated community.

I would hazard a guess at none, I am not convinced they exist

If they do exist however and are bothering people then I guess its because they are living in a slum and people should try hard to move out of it by working harder.
I mean people complain they work for nothing, living 10 to a house so clearly they are living in crappy areas.

Maybe brexit is a good idea, we can throw off the shackles of the Eu and start making these slackers work to get themselves out of mediocrity and segregate themselves from the immigrants.

Caporegime
believe, reading the mails article, he was expressly talking about the re establishing of physical borders in the EU free movement area - I.e. the barbed wire fences between EU nations, which don't seem a particularly good idea do they...?

Yes they seem like a very very good idea.

Looking at why they went up and the people they are used to keep out.

And the actions those people when they have been let into countries have proved they where a good idea

Caporegime
I would hazard a guess at none, I am not convinced they exist

If they do exist however and are bothering people then I guess its because they are living in a slum and people should try hard to move out of it by working harder.
I mean people complain they work for nothing, living 10 to a house so clearly they are living in crappy areas.

lul wut?

Youre saying the Syrian reffugees/mixed migrants dont exist?

There's plenty of footage showing human collums of hundreds of thousands moving trhough europe

Caporegime
Yes they seem like a very very good idea.

Looking at why they went up and the people they are used to keep out.

And the actions those people when they have been let into countries have proved they where a good idea

It's not particularly great for the free movement that the EU is based on.

Which actions? I believe, correct me if I'm wrong here but all the terrorist incidents have either been committed by nationals of EU countries or by refugees that arrived way before the refugee crisis.

Permabanned
At least that's a coherent paragraph, unlike the mails article. :p

Depending on context it doesn't seem hugely "wrong" . National borders have been the cause of a huge amount of friction around the world. I believe, reading the mails article, he was expressly talking about the re establishing of physical borders in the EU free movement area - I.e. the barbed wire fences between EU nations, which don't seem a particularly good idea do they...?

Ironically both articles are mostly about the worry of the rise of nationalism, which can end up with very negative consequences.

They seem a darned marvellous idea and a sound investment. The citizens of Hungary, for example are not inundated by migrants due to the foresight and stoicism of their government, in the face of Liberal hand wringing against this approach to secure their borders.

For one of the most powerful leaders of the EU to suggest National boundaries are a bad thing is so bizarre one might blame it on excessive alcohol consumption, a trait commonly suggested as one he embraces. At best he's drunk, but more likely he's plain deluded.

It clearly shows the direction of the grand scheme to which the innocuous Common Market has been rail roaded. The break up of the EU will be something I will celebrate with even more vigour than reading the result of the British EU referendum. The invocation of Article 50 is now almost irrelevant, the EU is imploding. With the likes of Juncker at the helm and the migrant crisis it is only a matter of time before Italy or the Netherlands also vote to abandon the sinking ship, then goodnight Vienna.

Caporegime
You're missing the point. The EU is about removing borders, so it makes perfect sense that " one of the most powerful leaders of the EU (to) suggest(s) National boundaries are a bad thing".

If he was suggesting the opposite then you should be wondering whether to blame excessive alcohol consumption.

Permabanned
No, I am not missing the point. Never before have I seen it stated by a top EU official that National borders, the geographic delineation that defines a country on a map, are a bad idea. The EU propounds the idea of the free movement of people from member states from one country to another. Not the abolition of National borders! Until this fool opened his trap....And showed just how far, and to what extreme, the EU dream really extends.

Caporegime
It's not particularly great for the free movement that the EU is based on.

Which actions? I believe, correct me if I'm wrong here but all the terrorist incidents have either been committed by nationals of EU countries or by refugees that arrived way before the refugee crisis.

Well its perfectly fine for free movement if youve got any form of EU id away you go with no problem.

Well the rapes, the thefts, the assaults, the murders the massive violence going on every day in the detention centers, the destruction of those very fences.

They didnt arrive before the refugee crisis they ARE the refugee crisis.

I never mentioned terror attacks...

Permabanned
This sort of thing from this week's news, this is why fences are going up and why National borders are something that Juncker should not be deriding.

Sudanese migrant is stabbed to death in a clash with Afghans as they return to the Calais Jungle after a failed attempt to smuggle onto trucks heading for Britain

The man had failed in his attempt to leave the Jungle and travel to Britain
He and another Sudanese man clashed with a group of Afghan migrants
Number of attempts to halt trucks and jump aboard has grown
There has been a rise from 'five a night to around 15, 20' in recent weeks
Eleven migrants have now died this year in and around Calais

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3754404/Sudanese-migrant-killed-Calais-clashes.html

and

CALAIS ON A KNIFE-EDGE: Migrant camp ready to erupt as 9,000 gather to cross Channel
THE lawless Jungle camp in Calais is now home to more than 9,000 Britain-bound migrants, latest figures show.

Source : http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/70...rants-jungle-shanty-town-cross-channel-France

Soldato
Still discussing why we should stay in the EU on the news this morning,They still dont get it..the vote was OUT!

May,Get yourself together woman and trigger Art.50 already..as usual out bloody government dragging their heals.

Permabanned
Still discussing why we should stay in the EU on the news this morning,They still dont get it..the vote was OUT!

May,Get yourself together woman and trigger Art.50 already..as usual out bloody government dragging their heals.

Ah yes... Another "TRIGGER ARTICLE 50 NOW!!' moaner who has no idea of what's involved. I guess you voted without any research involved. If you did you would realise the work involved... Which can take many years. Farage and co had 11 years to plan but instead did a runner. So we have to start from scratch.

Permabanned
There's little point, the great EU project is crumbling, maybe the politicians in the UK don't want to waste the time and resources negotiating with a regime that seems so certain to fall?

Europe is hurtling towards a 'cataclysmic event' that will destroy the euro and kill off the European Union, a Nobel prize-winning economist has predicted.

The American Joseph Stiglitz said another 'disastrous' political event such as Brexit would trigger the collapse.

He said there was a real danger that problems caused by the single currency would cause the hostility necessary to bring down the European project and its 'liberal values'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-prize-winning-economist-Joseph-Stiglitz.html

Soldato
There's little point, the great EU project is crumbling, maybe the politicians in the UK don't want to waste the time and resources negotiating with a regime that seems so certain to fall?

Europe is hurtling towards a 'cataclysmic event' that will destroy the euro and kill off the European Union, a Nobel prize-winning economist has predicted.

The American Joseph Stiglitz said another 'disastrous' political event such as Brexit would trigger the collapse.

He said there was a real danger that problems caused by the single currency would cause the hostility necessary to bring down the European project and its 'liberal values'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-prize-winning-economist-Joseph-Stiglitz.html

Funny you now seem to believe what an 'expert' has to say when it coincides with what you want to hear

Caporegime
Thing is, by not accepting the result of the referendum, the remaining remainers, like Owen Smith, are just making it more likely that we'll have to trigger Article 50 before we're fully prepared. These people need to put their disappointment behind them for the good of our nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom