New larger Case ideas please - RV10E, EK240 etc

Associate
OK guys,
Looking to retire the current main PC (X79 3960X), and build a X99 based around the Rampage 10 Edition, Broadwell-E and will be moving a single Pascal Titan X in (with a view to perhaps SLI down the line). Problem is I've decided to give up on compromising the build into an Evolv (not so much due to the lack of the 5 1/4 bay, but more down to space concerns with the awkward EATX support - very tight fit with a Rampage IV, let alone the new one). Fabulous cases though they are, it's probably time to go back to a larger build.
Not custom water cooling right now, so will be reusing an EK Predator 240 with the CPU and Titan water block on QDC. Hoping to get away with the 240 as opposed to needing the 360 but will wait and see.

Obviously the larger Phanteks cases are an option straight away, but are there any other obvious candidates to keep in mind, or anyone else using a similar setup ?
Don't mind spending a bit of money (within reason obviously) if it ensures a relatively quiet and cool system on a par with the Evolv. Cheers.

OcUK Staff
For me I'd say the Phanteks Enthoo Primo/Evolv ATX Glass, be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900, Anidees AI-Crystal, Lian Li PC-O8/O9 and In Win 805/909 are all lovely cases that should meet your requirements. Aesthetically they all appeal to me too which is half the battle.

Associate
OP
Cheers ChugNorris,
The Enthoo Primo is on the radar alright, already have two Evolv which are just quality so something from Phanteks again is enticing, but will have a better look at the others.
Been a long time since I had a Lian-Li so not sure what the story is with them nowadays.
Guess the likes of the EVGA DGs are still an unknown quantity at this point so maybe it might be worth waiting around for some user impressions.

Back
Top Bottom