ASUS RMA

Associate
My friend has been refused an RMA for his Maximus VII Hero because he didn't register it within 30 days of purchase. Surely if proof of purchase is given to Asus they should honour the warranty?

Man of Honour
Really? Well that's a new low from them. I didn't even know that they had a place to register purchases as Asus rma's are supposed to be done through the retailer that the item was purchased from for the whole of the warranty period.

Soldato
i tried to RMA my Maximus V Gene.

Was refused because the retailer is no longer in business, and ASUS don't deal with RMA directly.

£250 mobo in the bin.

Soldato
This is why I'll never buy any Asus product I just keep hearing bad stuff continuously about them. I'd be fighting that one all day long if he has a proof of purchase.

Soldato
This is very poor from Asus - why oh why do they do this?
It is a shame really because their ROG boards are nice, and perform well.

Associate
i would keep trying until you get someone who will simply just do it for you, you are likely to get someone who will just put it through for you.
if you still don't have a luck, send an email to the chief exec explaining that its not good enough and how something like this will loose them a customer.
Mr Jonney Shih Chief Executive
Email [email protected]

Last edited:
Man of Honour
This is why I'll never buy any Asus product I just keep hearing bad stuff continuously about them. I'd be fighting that one all day long if he has a proof of purchase.

Asus are very poor when it comes to customer service. I for one will not be buying any more of their products

This is why you can now buy Asus products from OCUK so you get the new enhanced warranty service. The poor customer service reputation from Asus has never put me off and never will. I have never had any problems with any of their boards or gpu's and the new agreement with OCUK means that OCUK get's my money the next time I buy Asus. No use to the OP though.

I would be fighting that tooth and nail. I have never even seen anything in any of their products about registering for warranty and didn't even know that you could because it's always been dealt with through the place of purchase. I don't suppose he paid for the board by credit card by any chance? If he did then get the credit card company involved. Even some debit cards have a similar service I believe.

Soldato
They refused an RMA on a Crosshair mobo a few years ago as the backplate had been removed. The back plate that you must remove to put on a decent cooler in order to use the overclocking tools that come with the board. :rolleyes:

Soldato
This is why you can now buy Asus products from OCUK so you get the new enhanced warranty service. The poor customer service reputation from Asus has never put me off and never will. I have never had any problems with any of their boards or gpu's and the new agreement with OCUK means that OCUK get's my money the next time I buy Asus. No use to the OP though.

I would be fighting that tooth and nail. I have never even seen anything in any of their products about registering for warranty and didn't even know that you could because it's always been dealt with through the place of purchase. I don't suppose he paid for the board by credit card by any chance? If he did then get the credit card company involved. Even some debit cards have a similar service I believe.

This might sound daft but I don't believe that OCUK should have to do anything when Asus fail, I know it isn't at all likely but what if OCUK go under and I then have to go direct to Asus? I say screw it and I'll get a Gigabyte board and Sapphire/Evga GPU.

Soldato
This might sound daft but I don't believe that OCUK should have to do anything when Asus fail, I know it isn't at all likely but what if OCUK go under and I then have to go direct to Asus? I say screw it and I'll get a Gigabyte board and Sapphire/Evga GPU.

Yeah it sucks in general that ASUS has such a horrible customer service but their deal with OcUK means that at least it's better than no deal. Especially for the people who buy the stuff without knowing the horror stories of ASUS warranty service.

Associate
Gigabyte RMA service is brilliant by comparison. They even repaired a pci-e lane i had broken-no quibbles.
Havnt bought Asus stuff since maximus formula III

Associate
Gigabyte RMA service is brilliant by comparison. They even repaired a pci-e lane i had broken-no quibbles.
Havnt bought Asus stuff since maximus formula III

yeah I have good experience with Gigabyte as well. Broke my I/O shield when removing the system, wrote them an email and they sent a replacement for free.

Back
Top Bottom