Editing PC

Associate
Hello there. I'm looking to start my own video production company and I'd like to build my own PC but everything is seriously confusing me and I've no idea where to start.

I'm looking to run premiere pro, and rendering time will be important as I'd like to get it done as soon as possible. If something is essential I would be happy paying for it but wherever possible I'd like to save money too. I'm going to set a budget of £1000 give or take. If the budget is too small I'll review and increase it.

Thanks.

Soldato
You don't need much to start with, an i5 or i7 Intel CPU*, 16 GB of RAM, and plenty of SSD storage will serve you well.

* I don't personally think hyperthreading is worth the cost increase but if the budget allows it does give a boost.

Associate
OP
You don't need much to start with, an i5 or i7 Intel CPU*, 16 GB of RAM, and plenty of SSD storage will serve you well.

* I don't personally think hyperthreading is worth the cost increase but if the budget allows it does give a boost.

I understand CPUs and RAM I think but what video and sound cards would be the best or does that not really matter as much?

Soldato
I understand CPUs and RAM I think but what video and sound cards would be the best or does that not really matter as much?

AFAIK graphics card depends on the version of premiere and how many effects/filters you might use as it mainly helps speed up editing. The latest (CC) supports CUDA and OpenCL so you can use pretty much any card:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

They're not specifically listed but Maxwell cards and AMD 300 series should work fine. I dare say a GTX 960 or R9 370/380 would be plenty.

Sound card depends on your speakers/amp etc. but if you have to ask the motherboard sound card will probably be fine.

Back
Top Bottom