*** Battlefield 1 ***

Associate
Have they changed the sniping mechanics? I feel like I don't have to lead much when I'm aiming and the bullet drop is pretty much none existent.

Soldato
the reason everybody is playing sniper is because the scout class is the only one with an effective long range weapon. Which is what anybody playing infantry wants on a massive open desert map !

Yeah it's a shame there aren't more gulleys or trenches to travel in if you do end up on foot. Basically you need a vehicle to travel long distances or select a spawn where there are lots of buildings, or just play sniper.

I watched some videos this morning and sniping does indeed seem more simplistic.

Permabanned
Ehhh, I don't know about this. I played a lot of BF3 and BF4 and to me this basically feels like the same experience with a reskin. Not necessarily a bad thing by itself but getting a bit stale for me. I got bored pretty quick.

Soldato
I had a quick blast on the beta, not really sure what I think TBH. Choppy frame rate and the controls feel a bit sluggish somehow. Got killed instantly after spawning numerous times which was quite annoying. Cavalry units seem to be able to kill to easily IMO. I need to play more to form a proper opinion on it but so far I am not hugely impressed, wish they had been working on BC3 instead personally.

Soldato
As it's only at beta stage and only one map I don't think we can be too harsh on it. I didn't experience any frame rate issues on the PS4.

I think being harsh is not a bad thing as such (as long as it is fair criticism), I mean it isn't that long until the game is released so not a huge amount will change and the price of the base game plus premium won't be cheap.

Caporegime
Played one game just now and no connection again. As for the game itself. I quite like it. Mainly playing medic at the moment. It is a completely different play style to bf4 because of the lack of high rpm weapons. Very similar to day of defeat. Would like some weapon customising though. It is not dross like battlefront though.

Caporegime
I couldn't even make an EA account because it kept giving me the lost connection message, now that I've created one I can't do anything anyway. If this really is a DDOS then what are the perpetrators trying to achieve exactly. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Spent about 45 mins on it last night, really enjoyed it, crap at sniping though. The map isn't the best imo but they were never going to put the best map for all to play on the beta were they ! It's just nice to have a WW game back, got so bored of the current/future game we had.

Associate
My bullets seem to do nothing to people, they then take their time turning round and kill me in what feels like 2 millisecs. The weapons parts get in the way sometimes aswell when aiming.

I like it though just as much as other BF games, loved taking on a jeep earlier with one driving and the other shooting at me and all I had was my sword. Managed to kill the driver first and then the gunner. Loved it haha, they must have been raging.

Oh and why is it when I watch youtube vids of people using one shot rifles do they always kill with one hit? Takes me two sometimes three before they go down. Is it they have the top tier one shot guns or I'm just crap at aiming with pad and they're using a mouse?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom