Huawei P9 vs Sony Xperia Z5

Soldato
I really like my p9 , It's realy quick, even running nova launch on top.
I mainly installed nova to resize the app grid and have an app tray.

It's a little apple esqe out of the box in terms of UI, but nothing you can't change with a launcher.

It's only real downside is the chipset is hard to dev, so there's pretty much no easy way to put new roms on it, but to be fair, it runs like lightening anyway, and there's plenty of launchers to choose from if you want to customise it. It's a sweet phone.

Associate
I would probably go for the p9 too. I have one and think it's pretty good.

I really like my p9 , It's realy quick, even running nova launch on top.
I mainly installed nova to resize the app grid and have an app tray.

It's a little apple esqe out of the box in terms of UI, but nothing you can't change with a launcher.

It's only real downside is the chipset is hard to dev, so there's pretty much no easy way to put new roms on it, but to be fair, it runs like lightening anyway, and there's plenty of launchers to choose from if you want to customise it. It's a sweet phone.
Have you rooted yours? If so what method did you use to unlock the bootloader and was it easy/straightforward?

Last edited:
Soldato
I upgraded from an HTC One M8 to a P9 a few months ago. It's a superb phone in terms of aesthetics, build quality etc. Far nicer than many other phones I have owned. The only issue I have with it, is the bespoke version of the Android OS they force you to use. It's not a major issue, more an inconvenience. I bought mine pre-order, so got the Huawei watch as well. Even without that incentive, I'd have still bought it though. Highly recommended.

Soldato
I upgraded from an HTC One M8 to a P9 a few months ago. It's a superb phone in terms of aesthetics, build quality etc. Far nicer than many other phones I have owned. The only issue I have with it, is the bespoke version of the Android OS they force you to use. It's not a major issue, more an inconvenience. I bought mine pre-order, so got the Huawei watch as well. Even without that incentive, I'd have still bought it though. Highly recommended.

Emui 5 and A7.0 should change the look a bit, they look to be having an app draw, and more stock notification area.

Associate
I also went P9 over Z5 the P9 is a beautiful phone
don't be worried about EMUI it is abit appleish but functional
I use Nova Launcher Pro as I have for years so no different for me really.

had Z1 Z2 Z3 and lost interest in Sony flagships.

People ask me about it all the time like when I had my HTC HERO!

And it has something that I have wanted since the dawn of time,

MANUAL FOCUS.

\i bought mine sim free from CPWH

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom