*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
Controller failed for me now, left stick drifts upwards and ghosts a lot when I move it up and down. Seems to be a pretty common issue looking at number of complaints online. Took it apart and the plastic clip at the side of the analogue stick had come away. Managed to fit it back in place which has improved control but not fixed the drift.

Anyone been able to successfully fix this or am I looking at a new controller?

Caporegime
Controller failed for me now, left stick drifts upwards and ghosts a lot when I move it up and down. Seems to be a pretty common issue looking at number of complaints online. Took it apart and the plastic clip at the side of the analogue stick had come away. Managed to fit it back in place which has improved control but not fixed the drift.

Anyone been able to successfully fix this or am I looking at a new controller?

If you can solder it is a relatively easy and cheap fix. I have bought broken Xbox one controllers off ebay and fixed them with replacement sticks effectively getting a xbox one controller for £15~. I find the xbox one controller to be of lower quality compared to the 360 ones. I replaced mine with heavier sticks compared to standard which are more like 360 sticks for tension.

https://battlebeavercustoms.com/collections/xboxone-replacement-parts/products/xboxone-replacement-thumbstick-mechanism?variant=1153807207

Associate
If you can solder it is a relatively easy and cheap fix. I have bought broken Xbox one controllers off ebay and fixed them with replacement sticks effectively getting a xbox one controller for £15~. I find the xbox one controller to be of lower quality compared to the 360 ones. I replaced mine with heavier sticks compared to standard which are more like 360 sticks for tension.

https://battlebeavercustoms.com/collections/xboxone-replacement-parts/products/xboxone-replacement-thumbstick-mechanism?variant=1153807207

I honestly feel a bit ripped off buying my XB1 pad... it uses traditional removable AA batteries, doesn't seem to be directly chargeable (unless you dish out for a plug and play pack on top), cost more than the PS4 pad, feels a bit plasticy in places and I really hate the new D-pad. This is the new XB1 Slim pad (GoW4 LE) though and I will say that I love the triggers and the analogue sticks.

But it sure feels like it's not worth as much as a PS4 pad, that said my year old PS4 pad seems to be dying perhaps. The battery capacity seems to have dimished greatly and even when playing on the PS4, it can sometimes disconnect randomly for no reason. The worst was in the middle of a boss fight in Bloodborne... but at least it cost almost half what I payed for the XB1 pad.

Soldato
Sounds like you got an amazing deal on a PS4 controller, paid over the odds for the Xbox one. The PS4 controller costing almost half the price of the Xbox controller isn't normal - it's usually more expensive by up to a tenner. It drops to £35 (pretty much the standard price for the Xbox pad) every few months for a week or two, then jumps back up to £42-£55.

Can't say I'm happy with either TBH. The Xbox One pad's shell feels flimsy - it flexes. No bundled battery pack is also ridiculous. The PS4 controller is over-engineered, with a pointless light bar and underused trackpad and speaker. Could have left them out, sold the controller for less. Also, the battery life sucks, and the soft rubber on the thumbsticks is way too fragile.

Last edited:
Soldato
I play with headphones on. Speaker is useless. Battery life is dire. Thumb sticks crumbling forcing me to buy covers. Broken triggers. DS3 was bulletproof. DS4 seems cheaply made. Design is nice, though.

I have a Forza edition blue XB1 pad and it works perfectly.

LzR

LzR

Associate
Well, I couldn't resist.. Just bought a Storm Grey Xbox One with BF1 and Gears 4, happy days! However, just set it up and the fan on this thing is loud and ticks/rattles just like I was hoping it wouldn't do :( I'll give it a few days to settle and might speak to Microsoft see what they say, but if no joy it'll have to go back. The d-pad down on the controller also sticks, ugh, I'm not the luckiest person I know ;)

So, who would like a Gears of War 1, and/or a Gears of War Judgement code? I'd be happier for these to go to someone who's not played them before and maybe don't have that many games to play, but whoever wants them, or one of, can have one.

Associate
I'd love them :) I only have Forza 6 and Horizon 3. Be great to play a non driving game!

Thanks and enjoy your pruchase!

Last edited:

LzR

LzR

Associate
OK I'm actually just I'm Game now swapping the console over, the fan noise is just ridiculous. I'll send the codes to you later :)

LzR

LzR

Associate
You're welcome, have fun :)

Update on my console. I took it back and had it tested, they said they couldn't hear anything and I argued my case, they went off and came back with an exchange saying they don't believe the other one was faulty but would swap it anyway as I'd just bought it. Got it home, took it out, and they had given me a blue console by mistake... Took it back, got another grey one, and a free BF1 bonus code, got home, powered it up, all good. This one is much quieter than the last one, still noisier than a new PS4 but it has no annoying rattling/ticking noise.

I'm itching to play BF1 and Gears 4 but I'm going to my partners house for the whole weekend, I'm so tempted to say I'm ill... :p

Associate
They'll take ages to install anyway, so plenty of time for other activities :)

Forza Horizon 3 took about 7 hours and Forza 6 even longer to install on mine..

Associate
So I've got one and gonna open later.

Bought one during the tesco deal had initially tended to take back as I thought i won't play it much if at all, however ended up forgetting about and the return periods passed and battlefields out so I'm keeping it I guess.

Let's hope i don't have the noise issue. Otherwise it'll be sending for repair

Soldato
Going to get an Xbone s for my son for Christmas I've been reading the last few pages and it seems that I should just got for the 500gb version as I can play movies and store my
Games on and external drive is that correct? If so anyone recommend a good external drive to use with the console.

Cant beat a price of 279€ for console and Fifa, the Tesco offer looks great though I wish Tesco would deliver to Belgium:)

Soldato
Going to get an Xbone s for my son for Christmas I've been reading the last few pages and it seems that I should just got for the 500gb version as I can play movies and store my
Games on and external drive is that correct? If so anyone recommend a good external drive to use with the console.

Cant beat a price of 279€ for console and Fifa, the Tesco offer looks great though I wish Tesco would deliver to Belgium:)

Correct.

Samsung M3 Slimline are good drives, USB powered, small form factor too so easily tucked away and various sizes up to a few TB.

Back
Top Bottom