One for the MikroTik dorks

Soldato
Just noticed the new RB3011 on the Routerboard website;
http://routerboard.com/RB3011UiAS-RM

Needless to say I've spoken with a UK distributor who have taken stock of said item today so have placed my order!

Buzzing as I nearly ordered the 2011 last week but didn't due to not having enough Gigabit ports on it. Really impressed with the beefed up CPU.

Soldato
OP
Got it!

Very happy with it, did some iperf earlier and I'm easily getting gigabit over a software bridge (through the CPU) from switch-chip 1 to switch-chip 2! Very impressed with that.

Interestingly though the switch-chips have 2Gb pathways to the CPU but it is shared with the SFP so when active switch-chip 2 only has 1GB pathway. Bit of a shame as I was going to connect my CRS to this with the direct SFP link module but now aren't due to it limiting in this way.

Config was a dream (copied most of the RB2011 config over) and it's ready to go in (bar some final tweaks that need doing). It does have a different "beep" on startup though to any other MikroTik I've used.

Soldato
OP
Now you get to play Latvian quality assurance roulette :D

Oh dear how right you have been. Slight update on the RB3011 situation, it behaved relatively well until a week ago and I started seeing some weird logs, lots of collision and multicast on ALL interfaces and at points 25Gb (yes that much) traffic over ports that are not even connected.

Currently running on a hAP lite to ensure it's not just my network genuinely having a loop but I'm fairly sure it hasn't.

Returning it will go!

The question is, do I push the retailer for a replacement RB3011 or a Ubiquiti Edgerouter PoE with a RM case?

Associate
Oh dear how right you have been. Slight update on the RB3011 situation, it behaved relatively well until a week ago and I started seeing some weird logs, lots of collision and multicast on ALL interfaces and at points 25Gb (yes that much) traffic over ports that are not even connected.

Currently running on a hAP lite to ensure it's not just my network genuinely having a loop but I'm fairly sure it hasn't.

Returning it will go!

The question is, do I push the retailer for a replacement RB3011 or a Ubiquiti Edgerouter PoE with a RM case?

Sounds obvious but did you make sure the mikrotik is on the latest version of routerOS as they seem to love putting out buggy software

Back
Top Bottom